Shane Long

JustOneBiblicalKazim

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how genuine that is, but I do really like Shane Long. At least I used to a few years ago, no idea what sort of standard he's at. 

I think we should be looking for players punching up in their career, not coming down. We have enough experience in the squad. 

Ive always liked & rated Shane Long, think he would score for fun at this level. Only concern is his age but for 18months we could get some good out of him.

If we are starting to go with 2 upfront more often you cant rely on Marriott & Martin week in week out which only leaves Waghorn and potentially Rooney, 1 more option wouldnt be bad.

See a fair bit of him since I've been living in exile down south and with my son a Saints fan (believe me I've tried).

As others have said, Long works really hard, creates chances, but is a really poor finisher at Premier League level.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned, AFAIK, that L***s and that other team from Nottingham seem locked in a battle over Che Adams. Not scored in the Prem but still looks lively and scored hatfuls in the Championship.

Archived