Rampant

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? ?

Waghorn through again missed a decent chance. 47s in: 

https://www.skysports.com/football/mboro-vs-Derby/report/409668

Oh and it looked a clear penno, Clarke caught the players leg with his follow through.

Yes I realise that, I’m not saying he had a good game? But you can hardly say Martin had a better game when he only touched the ball about twice.

Look very closely at the pen. He gets a faint touch on the ball around the side before catching the player. Ball changes direction enough to show it. Difficult to see from the stands, but VAR would have over turned it. Still reckless by Clarke mind.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes I realise that, I’m not saying he had a good game? But you can hardly say Martin had a better game when he only touched the ball about twice.

Look very closely at the pen. He gets a faint touch on the ball around the side before catching the player. Ball changes direction enough to show it. Difficult to see from the stands, but VAR would have over turned it. Still reckless by Clarke mind.

I thought he got something on the ball too tbh 

the balls rotation changes direction as There’s contact

but it was a stupid challenge by Clarke as the ref had only moments ago turned a pen claim down .. why give home another decision to make 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I thought he got something on the ball too tbh 

the balls rotation changes direction as There’s contact

but it was a stupid challenge by Clarke as the ref had only moments ago turned a pen claim down .. why give home another decision to make 

Yeah exactly that. There’s no way a ref can spot that sort of contact realistically. That’s where we need VAR to help. But making challenges like that is gonna result in giving away pens more often than not. We have to not get ourselves into those situations as often as we do. 10 pens conceded at this stage of the season is absolutely absurd, there’s something seriously wrong there that needs rectifying somehow.

33 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Sat with my Referring mate who lives up here today and sat  with the Middlesbrough fans and it is strange reading the posts about Lawrence on here today because they were nervous everytime he had the ball and rated him our most dangerous player today.

I have no clue  why fans have to have a whipping boy every season Tom is the latest Bradley Johnson went through it so did Tom Ince and even Chris Martin for awhile in recent history and it is not a inclusive thing it happens at most clubs.

I think your mates are pulling your leg. 

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah exactly that. There’s no way a ref can spot that sort of contact realistically. That’s where we need VAR to help. But making challenges like that is gonna result in giving away pens more often than not. We have to not get ourselves into those situations as often as we do. 10 pens conceded at this stage of the season is absolutely absurd, there’s something seriously wrong there that needs rectifying somehow.

Surely it's Keogh's fault !!

Good point today. Boro one of the best teams in the league right now. Some definite promise in the second half. Frustrating why they didn’t turn up first half and we were extremely lucky to still be in the game.

Cocu was extremely angry about the first half so they clearly didn’t do what he wanted -  to those saying it’s his tactics and not the players.

Also Holmes in his interview said Cocu gave them a talking to at half time, looked  like it had the desired effect - to those who say Cocu can’t motivate!!

Going in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Cocu was extremely angry about the first half so they clearly didn’t do what he wanted -  to those saying it’s his tactics and not the players.

He picked 'em, should know whether they can do the job. How come they looked better after he'd changed things? 

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Good point today. Boro one of the best teams in the league right now. Some definite promise in the second half. Frustrating why they didn’t turn up first half and we were extremely lucky to still be in the game.

Also Holmes in his interview said Cocu gave them a talking to at half time, looked  like it had the desired effect - to those who say Cocu can’t motivate!!

Going in the right direction. 

Maybe the players seemed demotivated as they were tasked to do the impossible within their capabilities and personal we had out on the pitch 

play the ball out from the back against a hard, fresh early press against a well organised workmanlike championship side from the boot of Hamer or davies ?

second half there was a very evident tactical change ... Rooney moves higher up and we went back to front with greater speed and directness 

It was very visible, which suggests first half it was a poor  tactical decision to go out and try to play the way we did, pass our way through boro 

it must have been demotivating for the players with each broken down move we got ourselves into trouble time and time and time again

not an isolated occasion first half on the road 

I suggest it’s tactical not motivational 

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Actually the more I see that pen the worse a decision it looks. The ref is in a decent position and the ball quite clearly changes its path. I can see why Cocu is annoyed, it looked stonewall from the away end but Clarke quite clearly wins the ball fairly. Poor decision.

He's gone through him first, and then wins the ball after he's fouled IMO. Granted I can only see that on the video but no complaints.

How did he waltz away from Bird with no challenge and then a poor attempt from Clarke, who pen aside I thought played well - that's what we should be asking.

I thought Robert's was excellent all game, his missed chance aside.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Sat with my Referring mate who lives up here today and sat  with the Middlesbrough fans and it is strange reading the posts about Lawrence on here today because they were nervous everytime he had the ball and rated him our most dangerous player today.

I have no clue  why fans have to have a whipping boy every season Tom is the latest Bradley Johnson went through it so did Tom Ince and even Chris Martin for awhile in recent history and it is not a inclusive thing it happens at most clubs.

Boro fans don’t watch him every week & Lawrence's 1 goal every 10 games Seems to give him a reputation. It’s called style over substance. 

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He's gone through him first, and then wins the ball after he's fouled IMO. Granted I can only see that on the video but no complaints.

How did he waltz away from Bird with no challenge and then a poor attempt from Clarke, who pen aside I thought played well - that's what we should be asking.

I’m not sure he has to be honest. Think he goes round the side and wins the ball in the close up before any contact on the man. There’s not enough to give a pen imo. But yeah the defending was pretty awful beforehand. We’re cut open like that far too easy, seem to be a bit ponderous at the back.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I had a similar problem. Paid up for a single match view, all ok. Travelled to Holland with my pet bear but it wouldn’t work no matter what.

294A5568-8B2E-4499-A3D0-E85BFB2923D5.thumb.jpeg.e57cfbd9e3013f3de391ddca36a187e4.jpeg

I've had the same problem for a while now when the games are being shown live in Outer Mongolia and not available here in Spain.

40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Actually the more I see that pen the worse a decision it looks. The ref is in a decent position and the ball quite clearly changes its path. I can see why Cocu is annoyed, it looked stonewall from the away end but Clarke quite clearly wins the ball fairly. Poor decision.

Spot on, Clarke did nothing wrong, To say a tackle like that is foolish is foolish, We're told by some to stay on our feet when in the box, Then a player clatters into the legs when standing resulting in a penalty scenario, Also told not to dive in as this gives the attacking player an opportunity to go down in the box.

But when a player attacks the ball and wins it as Clarke did shows the Ref doesn't follow the ball but follows the player going down.

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He didn't go through him at all! He came in from the side and took the ball. 

Archived