What a day

DarkFruitsRam7

I’m sorry for making an unnecessary thread, but I really do feel that this is warranted.

Picked up at 08:05 this morning. Made an exception to my Dry January challenge, swigging Dark Fruits and Budweiser on the way. Forgot my ID, so had to hide in the corner to get a pint in the pub near the ground.

Some away games surprise you, and today was one of those. First of all, I didn’t expect us to win today. Second of all, I didn’t expect the away end to be that good. We created an absolutely fantastic atmosphere today, and the Allez Allez Allez Oh song is a new favourite (sorry @philmycocu). 

Nobody played badly today. Roos was good; Bogle was far better than he has been; the centre backs were solid and the same can be applied to Malone as was said about Bogle. Huddlestone and Rooney were absolutely orgasmic at the base of the midfield, taking the piss with their passing and vision. Lawrence and Whittaker did a job, whilst Martin got the crucial goal. In behind him was Sibley, who showed exactly why he’s probably the best academy prospect we have, ahead of Knight and Bird. He absolutely ran the show. Rooney was MOTM though.

Today was one of those days that make you realise why you absolutely love this bloody club. Spending time with pals, belting out our support for the club and witnessing an absolutely fantastic performance to knock out Premier League opposition. 

Today was a privilege. 

Up the chuffing Rams.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, Anag Ram said:

Your post made me smile.

Days like today should be treasured.

Whisper....apart from the dark fruits....thats surely best forgotten. ?

Great Post mate, Watched it on Espn, and the rams support was excellent, wish I was there, but well done to all that went for that great support, also every player played there part, but Rooney was something else, gets the best out of all the other players around him as well, good times around the corner my friend. 

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m sorry for making an unnecessary thread, but I really do feel that this is warranted.

Picked up at 08:05 this morning. Made an exception to my Dry January challenge, swigging Dark Fruits and Budweiser on the way. Forgot my ID, so had to hide in the corner to get a pint in the pub near the ground.

Some away games surprise you, and today was one of those. First of all, I didn’t expect us to win today. Second of all, I didn’t expect the away end to be that good. We created an absolutely fantastic atmosphere today, and the Allez Allez Allez Oh song is a new favourite (sorry @philmycocu). 

Nobody played badly today. Roos was good; Bogle was far better than he has been; the centre backs were solid and the same can be applied to Malone as was said about Bogle. Huddlestone and Rooney were absolutely orgasmic at the base of the midfield, taking the piss with their passing and vision. Lawrence and Whittaker did a job, whilst Martin got the crucial goal. In behind him was Sibley, who showed exactly why he’s probably the best academy prospect we have, ahead of Knight and Bird. He absolutely ran the show. Rooney was MOTM though.

Today was one of those days that make you realise why you absolutely love this bloody club. Spending time with pals, belting out our support for the club and witnessing an absolutely fantastic performance to knock out Premier League opposition. 

Today was a privilege. 

Up the chuffing Rams.

It deserved its own thread mate. It's a shame when such posts get buried.

There's nothing quite like an away day ending with an unsuspected win for the loyal faithful!

Also, I only just got back from my hols this morning and I'd had a word with the authorities that be officially move sober January to  start date of Monday 6th January.

In the mountain of mail I've been opening since I arrived home there was a letter from The Pope saying he's on board with a picture of him necking a bottle of what looks like a nice Châteauneuf-du-Pape (rather fitting). Another getting two thumbs up from a clearly tipsy Dalai Lama and one from Trump saying that even though he doesn't drink on grounds of being a an utter tool, that he's on board and if the Iranians kick off then he'll have a quiet word in their ear.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Today was a privilege. 

Up the chuffing Rams.

Well done mate,today is what makes all the other tosh days worth it.

Hope the players read this and realise what it means to us.

If only We can find some way to get Huddz and Rooney that much space every week. For a half hour spell in the first half, neither of them missed a beat. Every single pass was pinpoint and Palace couldn’t cope. The pair of them would shred every team in this league, and probably half the prem, if we can get them playing like that regularly. Absolutely unreal.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

If only We can find some way to get Huddz and Rooney that much space every week. For a half hour spell in the first half, neither of them missed a beat. Every single pass was pinpoint and Palace couldn’t cope. The pair of them would shred every team in this league, and probably half the prem, if we can get them playing like that regularly. Absolutely unreal.

Let’s caution against the (lack of pace of) Rooney/Hudds combo being an an ideal combo in Champ footy.

Was great to watch today though.

8 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Today was a privilege. 

Up the chuffing Rams.

Ok now then @DarkFruitsRam7 that was as near a perfect post, from the heart as always, as could be and just look at the accolades. But my friend you spoilt it with a mention of B B B Budw no I can’t even type it mate. Now fruit cider is not good but you’re a youngster I understand, you’ve some way to go, we will get you sorted on the real stuff in the coming years. Even if it means us getting to the promised land before you acknowledge what real cider and perry is, but mate please try to rid your body of that rice ‘beer’ (trades description act) from the States that contaminates these shores. One day you will be accepted amongst us ale drinkers as one of our own.  It’s waiting for you my friend......

E60B468F-D37F-49F8-AEAB-825A6A2CCAE0.jpeg

Archived