A new manager for the Prem?

RoyMac5

New: Manager or not  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing. We start playing something close to where we should be after SIX months and Mr Cocu is hailed as a hero to take us into the Premiership. Sorry guys, get serious. Let's see how it goes. If he needs time to show he can do it, then he also needs time to show he can't. We were close to that but he seemingly has pulled it back from the brink just in time. Fingers crossed it works out, but I'm not convinced yet.

What would be a more interesting poll would be if people think this squad is capable of top 6.

When I said early December after the Blackburn game that I think we have the players to be a top 6 side I was laughed at...interesting to see opinions now after a few wins.

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

What would be a more interesting poll would be if people think this squad is capable of top 6.

When I said early December after the Blackburn game that I think we have the players to be a top 6 side I was laughed at...interesting to see opinions now after a few wins.

To be fair, Rooney has made a big difference since then to the quality of the squad. He's just been a cut above.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Thanks for the sarcastic response. I’m well aware Cocu won’t give a duck what me or any other fan thinks, and it shouldn’t be any other way. But that’s not what we’re on here for, is it? I’m just making my stance clear so I don’t have people calling me a negative bamford who still wants Cocu out (they’ll be plenty of other reasons to call me a negative bamford, don’t worry)

Don't beat yourself up so much Millennium you'll soon be back on here questioning Cocu when/if we lose or play badly...keep your chin up mate 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

To be fair, Rooney has made a big difference since then to the quality of the squad. He's just been a cut above.

Agreed I think he’s had an impact but also our other players were underperforming rather than not being good enough.

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Agreed I think he’s had an impact but also our other players were underperforming rather than not being good enough.

Sometimes one extra player can drag more out of the players around them. Some of our players were definitely underperforming though.

It's fair to suggest that Philip would make a decent premiership manager. However the likelyhood of DCFC ever getting back in the top flight is a different matter. I expect Cocu to be at Pride Park for another season perhaps, but not much longer that that. 

16 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Don't beat yourself up so much Millennium you'll soon be back on here questioning Cocu when/if we lose or play badly...keep your chin up mate 

If that happens then yes I will be, as I’m sure others will. I certainly won’t be enjoying it though, I’d much rather it stay like today when I can write positive stuff 

Archived