Derek Acorah RIP

GboroRam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always struggle with the idea that all of my dead relatives are looking over me and will be throughout the rest of my life. I don't find it comforting at all! just wonder what sort of perverts they really were when they were alive?

How are they supposed to know when to look down? I'm sure they'd be horrified and ashamed of me if they chose the wrong moment, which was probably the very reason behind the saying to begin with!

I really hope my Nan isn't sat in the corner of the room watching my arse bob up and down!

If I discovered I could contact and talk to the dead, I'm not sure my first idea would be to sell tickets to a show where I can use my freaky skills to make some cash.

Why don't any of these con artists have a normal 9-5 then do all the dead chatting after work or on the weekend?

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

I always struggle with the idea that all of my dead relatives are looking over me and will be throughout the rest of my life. I don't find it comforting at all! just wonder what sort of perverts they really were when they were alive?

How are they supposed to know when to look down? I'm sure they'd be horrified and ashamed of me if they chose the wrong moment, which was probably the very reason behind the saying to begin with!

I really hope my Nan isn't sat in the corner of the room watching my arse bob up and down!

... or worse... she'd just gone for a lie down, when all of a sudden...

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

If I discovered I could contact and talk to the dead, I'm not sure my first idea would be to sell tickets to a show where I can use my freaky skills to make some cash.

Why don't any of these con artists have a normal 9-5 then do all the dead chatting after work or on the weekend?

The dead don't work regular shift patterns didn't you know 

Sith Happens

Dear All,

Thank you for taking time to comment on my untimely passing.

I must make some comment on the fact that some of you claim I am a fake, I can assure you I was far from it. I am currently waiting in the waiting room before the pearly gates, after which I will be able to move freely amongst all the others that are up here in the 'afterlife'. I am most looking forward to meeting Elvis, Marilyn and Princess Diana. I have been told I will not bump into any nasty people as they are somewhere different.

So far the experience has been most pleasant, although the coffee is not the best.

I hope to return to TV screens soon 'from above' and will see you all soon.

Love Derek.

I really enjoy ghost investigation programs up until they start investigating ghosts (or faking it in Most Haunteds case) as I enjoy all the stories and myths.

I dont believe in ghosts and mediums and animal whispering etc..are just con men, its just clever mentaliam.

The medium in the paranormal investigation program I'm watching called 'Help my house is haunted' (I think all the decent names had been used) who in previous episodes picked up on someone who liked a drink in a pub,a window where people look out of and some sort of battle at a castle,has just picked up on a priest and singing in a church....its amazing

Sith Happens

I personally think its all a load of tosh, but it wouldnt call it a con as thats what people are buying into.

Mediums get it right so often, they read body signals and with the recipient most of the time wanting to believe they subconsciously feed the medium with information.

The ones that do it in front of a big crowd? lets face it....has anyone lost anyone called John recently? Odds are....yes.......

They keep the information vague and only get more detailed with responses from the recipient.

I'll admit, when he was on Most Haunted it was very entertaining because it was obviously fake, communicating with the various ghosts, but the people on the show were daft enough to start running around screaming. Derek Acorah was a great actor.

What I think is unacceptable is when he went around the country doing shows, targeting people's emotions and giving them false closure on their loses. He is a clever guy, mediums might not be able to talk to ghosts, but they are superb at reading body language and emotions. Taking advantage of vunerable people however isn't clever, I dare say what he did is fraud.  

Archived