Cenk Tosun - joined Palace 6 month loan

RiddingsRam

3 hours ago, Archied said:

A fully fit as a butchers dog Marriott would be real quality ,scoring , running defences all over the shop and pressing defenders,, he does work hard on the pitch but you can see he is not fit enough a lot of the time to really do himself justice , if we can unlock that fully committed attitude in him then he s a player 

Agree. He gets in the right positions all the time. He just needs some time to get his confidence up. You could tell the other night he’s not quite on it yet. Having Rooney behind him will do him no end of good. 
We do need to strengthen just not up front. 

Incidentally as this is a thread about Tosun yes he’d be excellent (eventually) but not if we are paying his wages. He’s a goal scorer certainly but he has not done it at all at Everton. There is a good player in there for sure. I don’t think taking a risk on a player on high wages/needs to be loved or centre of attention/bang out of form is at all what we need. Look at Benteke at Palace. Was amazing but now looks like a man who has an inkling that he just might have left the gas on every time he goes to shoot. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

I think Jack has just one issue that is holding him back. There is something common with all his niggly injuries. Thigh, groin, quad “strain” tight, “felt something” .. We don’t get told everything but I guess there is a missing toughness in the muscle / tendons.

you get some players like Lampard or Keogh who just don’t get affected by the bumps, knocks and stretches in a rough house game. I just think Jack is more easily prone to minor injuries and this is a big part of why he doesn’t always get picked to start. 

just a random musing but ... 

And all this ..... but ..... is it a physical issue or mental issue??? Am sure all players carry ‘injuries’ throughout most of the season but some play through them whilst others succumb, if Jack is fragile and succumbs at the slightest sign of a problem then I can understand why managers would lose patience. I may be being harsh but as a manager I would want eleven players prepared to run through a brick wall for me and the team .... lightweights would be history i’m afraid regardless of how much potential they had .... harsh but true .... which one is our Jack?? 

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

And all this ..... but ..... is it a physical issue or mental issue??? Am sure all players carry ‘injuries’ throughout most of the season but some play through them whilst others succumb, if Jack is fragile and succumbs at the slightest sign of a problem then I can understand why managers would lose patience. I may be being harsh but as a manager I would want eleven players prepared to run through a brick wall for me and the team .... lightweights would be history i’m afraid regardless of how much potential they had .... harsh but true .... which one is our Jack?? 

I honestly don’t know but I can’t fault Jack when he is actually on the pitch. He tracks back, isn’t afraid of a tackle, he’s got bite, effort and enthusiasm in the game.  His attitude looks ok to me .. but who can say what he’s like when it isn’t match day ? 

• 1 month later...

Archived