Cenk Tosun - joined Palace 6 month loan

RiddingsRam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If a player is better than what we have, I would take them even if it’s not really a position we need to strengthen.

Agreed but not at the expense of strengthening in positions where the need is greater when there's a finite transfer budget. Apart from both FBs, for me, striker is bottom of the incoming list.

Just now, BaaLocks said:

Is this one of those multiple choice things?

Yeah. Whatever you pick, it's always wrong.

By the way, ain't he apparently being paid around 60k / week? Where the duck would we get that money from? Maybe we just don't pay other players salaries?

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I watched Everton with a mate who supports them. I can tell you that he wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire and raged at his selection. Exactly the type of player we should be avoiding IMO. 

Prior to Ferguson temporarily taking charge, Everton fans would have similar views on most of their squad.

Hope he does go to Palace.

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

To be fair why would a player of his calibre want to come here? We are a bottom half Championship side - he will have far better options at a higher level than us so don’t blame him for not jumping at the chance to join us.

He might have ‘ better options’ but unless I am missing something - he cost a lot of money ? he costs a lot of money in wages ?

and he has hardly scored a goal In English football - so far dreadfully bad value for Everton 

18 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Yeah. Whatever you pick, it's always wrong.

By the way, ain't he apparently being paid around 60k / week? Where the duck would we get that money from? Maybe we just don't pay other players salaries?

Indeed - I was convinced Ravanelli was a master signing.

He reminds me of Branko Strupar in many ways, came across as this goal scoring machine but not quite done it to the levels that was suggested. I don't blame him for not coming - re: the earlier comment on Mitrovic, he's a goalscorer who hasn't really be scoring. To prove the doubters wrong he needs to be with a team where chances are aplenty and we've hardly been pulling up trees in that department over the last couple of months.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Did you watch his finishing the other night? Leon best would have got a hattrick! I’m expecting Marriott to leave to be honest, in form he can score goals, but he’s never been good enough at holding the ball up etc 

I did and it was terrible, but he eventually got a goal, his first in 17/18 bit part games.......confidence is a big factor, with a good run of games, and continuing to play we have the last couple of games I can see him scoring for fun

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Did you watch his finishing the other night? Leon best would have got a hattrick! I’m expecting Marriott to leave to be honest, in form he can score goals, but he’s never been good enough at holding the ball up etc 

He’s actually not bad at holding the ball up for a striker of his type, in my opinion. I like Marriott, would be frustrated if we sold him because he’s got more in his locker. If he keeps getting chances and opportunities then he will become less rusty infront of goal. 

4 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I did and it was terrible, but he eventually got a goal, his first in 17/18 bit part games.......confidence is a big factor, with a good run of games, and continuing to play we have the last couple of games I can see him scoring for fun

With his confidence up, if he’s supplied I can see him improving his finishing yes, but I’m not convinced he’ll have enough about him in general play to suit our style. It’s a bit like when we had Bent up front, obvious goalscorer, but you have to build your team around a poacher like that.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s actually not bad at holding the ball up for a striker of his type, in my opinion. I like Marriott, would be frustrated if we sold him because he’s got more in his locker. If he keeps getting chances and opportunities then he will become less rusty infront of goal. 

Really? I’m not convinced. Far too weak for me. Both matches this week his hold up play has been my only major frustration (well and the missed chances). I think if he stays fit he’ll improve his finishing, no doubt about that, but I still don’t think he suits.

Archived