@ing players on twitter when criticising...

IlsonDerby

57 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m about the only one who doesn’t push for subscribers, and to be fair anyway what I do is pretty niche 

What is it you do out of interest? 

I'm the same, do a few videos of things that interest me, then just forget. If people choose to watch, sweet, if not then I still have fun making a video

No interest in the whole algorithm thing, funsies at the end of the day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I agree I could have used many worse examples but this particular example got under my skin when it’s supposed to be coming from ‘Derby County FAN tv’

My opinion is that if you start a social media/YouTube account supposing to represent Derby County fans... you should probably try and stay neutral or it will bite you on the arse.

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

My opinion is that if you start a social media/YouTube account supposing to represent Derby County fans... you should probably try and stay neutral or it will bite you on the arse.

And maybe not thinking you're better than other mere mortal fans may make you more accessible and maybe more popular?!

50 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

What is it you do out of interest? 

I'm the same, do a few videos of things that interest me, then just forget. If people choose to watch, sweet, if not then I still have fun making a video

No interest in the whole algorithm thing, funsies at the end of the day

Talk about my life with gambling addiction, also vlog live as well, showing that can fight it and come out the other side.

Had over 800 people message me for help in 3 1/2 years through social media.

Now got a full time job with a company off the back of them going round state schools delivering gambling harm education and my story to Y9-Y13 kids.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, not a fan. The guy may be a Derby fan but he comes across as an absolute weapons-grade Bamford. Says it's fine to criticise the players (fair enough I suppose) then has a full on hissy fit when someone criticises him. Precious as fook.

Its evident since coming on this forum that some posters are incredibly intolerant of others who offer a different point of view to their own. They struggle to deal with alternative opinions which, as we all know, is a reflection of their own immaturity and flawed personalities.

People ringing up Radio Derby to put forward their thoughts on a monday night are lambasted and ridiculed. They are treated as a kind of 'sub - fan'. Not to be taken seriously.

The people running the match day commentary, despite being life long Rams fans, are treated as if their opinions don't count, and they don't know what they are talking about. For some reason they are perceived to be biased against the club they love and follow.

Now the guy who runs Derby County fan tv is being castigated. I don't go on twitter but the remarks attributed to him seem incredibly out of character to the guy who does the regular youtube shows. To me he comes across as a very reasonable, balanced and fair guy, who shys away from confrontation and put downs. And who seems only to want the best for the club. And who puts in a huge amount of effort in doing so. 

There seems to be a clique of elitism on this forum  led by people such as yourself. 

Thankfully  Derby County  have a good 150,000 to 250, 000 solid fans world wide who constantly support the club, not just the odd 250 on here who believe that they are in some way superior to the rest. A very, very immensely tiny small minority indeed.

2 minutes ago, Emson said:

Its evident since coming on this forum that some posters are incredibly intolerant of others who offer a different point of view to their own. They struggle to deal with alternative opinions which, as we all know, is a reflection of their own immaturity and flawed personalities.

People ringing up Radio Derby to put forward their thoughts on a monday night are lambasted and ridiculed. They are treated as a kind of 'sub - fan'. Not to be taken seriously.

The people running the match day commentary, despite being life long Rams fans, are treated as if their opinions don't count, and they don't know what they are talking about. For some reason they are perceived to be biased against the club they love and follow.

Now the guy who runs Derby County fan tv is being castigated. I don't go on twitter but the remarks attributed to him seem incredibly out of character to the guy who does the regular youtube shows. To me he comes across as a very reasonable, balanced and fair guy, who shys away from confrontation and put downs. And who seems only to want the best for the club. And who puts in a huge amount of effort in doing so. 

There seems to be a clique of elitism on this forum  led by people such as yourself. 

Thankfully  Derby County  have a good 150,000 to 250, 000 solid fans world wide who constantly support the club, not just the odd 250 on here who believe that they are in some way superior to the rest. A very, very immensely tiny small minority indeed.

Thanks Tv Ram Fan man, keep up the big words and elitist standpoint, big up ya

18 minutes ago, Emson said:

Its evident since coming on this forum that some posters are incredibly intolerant of others who offer a different point of view to their own

Not being funny but you called out posters with your very first post, calling them happy clappers. 

best gif wtf GIF

21 minutes ago, Emson said:

Care to name them on the forum who are elitist please? As no ones usually as elite as me.

Regards

18 minutes ago, Emson said:

Probably because a lot of the people who ring Radio Derby go off on rants that are absolutely unintelligible to everyone else and it's impossible to decipher what the point they're trying to make is. 

20 minutes ago, Emson said:

But it's fair to say, if those comments are his, it's not exactly tasteful is it? Where's the need to @ the players? It's absolutely fine to critique their performances, but I feel like that oversteps the mark. I assume ''Derby County Fan TV'' comes from ''Arsenal Fan TV/AFTV'' which is absolutely toxic, to the point where Arsenal fans are trying to kick them out of their club. Do we really want or need that for Derby?

22 minutes ago, Emson said:

I wouldn't say so at all. The clique point has been made a few times, but nobody actually puts together exactly the names of the posters in the ''clique''. 

This thread eventually persuaded me to bother to look up who Derby Fan Tv is and I discovered to my surprise it’s the two lads who post weekly match videos who I have sometimes watched.
I did meet them walking into PP once. They are very genuine fans. 

Their trip to Norwich away last season remains a classic. Not sure I’d trust them to service my car though.

43 minutes ago, Emson said:

They struggle to deal with alternative opinions which, as we all know, is a reflection of their own immaturity and flawed personalities.

What, you mean struggling to deal with other folks' opinions like the following?

23 hours ago, Emson said:

One of the most utterly staggering examples of lack of understanding of the subject that I have ever witnessed

On 28/12/2019 at 22:16, Emson said:

Blimey

What a very strange thing to post 

You haven't contributed anything to the subject under debate 

Start again and try to do better 

On 28/12/2019 at 21:39, Emson said:

Again, just like @AdamRam, a complete lack of realism and failure to understand the nature of our current circumstances.

On 14/12/2019 at 23:10, Emson said:

So ironic after the recent election of fake news that The Happy Clapper to end all Happy Clappers  deliberately, shamefully and obviously posts something wholly out of context.

Ok mate. As you were ?

We all love loyal fans, but when they talk down to other fans and throw big words in to make themselves look better, it's highly embarrassing, get over yourselves, I've had a season ticket for 35 years, you're not better than me just because mummy bought you a thesaurus x

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

This thread eventually persuaded me to bother to look up who Derby Fan Tv is and I discovered to my surprise it’s the two lads who post weekly match videos who I have sometimes watched.
I did meet them walking into PP once. They are very genuine fans. 

Their trip to Norwich away last season remains a classic. Not sure I’d trust them to service my car though.

I agree @RamNut. I recall you posting that vlog last season and it is indeed a classic. I have seen them at a game too and can concur that they indeed didn't come across as they are being portrayed on here. Never been on Twitter myself but by the sounds of it, it is a very toxic environment. Maybe they were having a bad day and just got dragged into something they possibly regret. I'm not sure tbh but thought I'd just post this for a bit of balance. 

7 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Talk about my life with gambling addiction, also vlog live as well, showing that can fight it and come out the other side.

Had over 800 people message me for help in 3 1/2 years through social media.

Now got a full time job with a company off the back of them going round state schools delivering gambling harm education and my story to Y9-Y13 kids.

Mate, fair play to you ?

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, philmycocu said:

We all love loyal fans, but when they talk down to other fans and throw big words in to make themselves look better, it's highly embarrassing, get over yourselves, I've had a season ticket for 35 years, you're not better than me just because mummy bought you a thesaurus x

My mummy never bought me a thesaurus....i was a bit too old for it when Jurassic park came out ?

Sith Happens

When someone claims others are intolerant of their views, is that also not just them having no tolerance when people disagree with their views? Not sure what people want sometimes.....is it to express an opinion and for everyone else just to say oh right yeah I agree?

7 hours ago, Emson said:

Who is exactly in this clique

And more importantly how can I become a member ?

Archived