@ing players on twitter when criticising...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Says someone who referred to Dowell as a ‘fraud’

Yes, but it wasn’t directed at him? It was a comment on a discussion forum, that’s more akin to talking with your mates down the pub. It was never intended to be read by the player. There’s a big difference between that and tagged a player in a comment so they’d see it. I wouldn’t go up to Dowell and call him a fraud, nor would I write a message in any form directed at him calling him a fraud. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes, but it wasn’t directed at him? It was a comment on a discussion forum, that’s more akin to talking with your mates down the pub. It was never intended to be read by the player. There’s a big difference between that and tagged a player in a comment so they’d see it. I wouldn’t go up to Dowell and call him a fraud, nor would I write a message in any form directed at him calling him a fraud. 

A big difference. Yes, you keep telling yourself that. 

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A big difference. Yes, you keep telling yourself that. 

There’s just is though. If someone says They don’t think I’m very good at my job at work in a discussion in the coffee room, and I overhear it, I've not been abused. It’s just someone giving their opinion. If someone comes up to me in the corridor and calls me a useless twit, then that’s abuse.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's basically tw@ behaviour

but then again, twitter is a cess pit.

Social media doesn’t kill, people do etc etc. 

I don’t understand all the hassle social media platforms get for not managing content responsibly- it’s people that are spouting, sharing and making vile comments because of the semi anonymity. If people were made more accountable generally (snowflake generation, etc) then there’d be far less of the tripe on Twitter etc. 

fwiw I think footballers take supporters with a massive pinch of salt. We know very little about football compared to them (the professionals) so they prob won’t bat an eyelid - that doesn’t make it right of course. 

I 100% agree with the idea of this post. The stuff you see on Twitter is embarassing. This particular one I’m not to bothered about, if I saw Marriott in person I’d happily tell him he should have passed to Bird, in a non aggressive manner.

some of the other poo you see, for example after the Charlton game Scott Malone tweeted congratulating the lads on a great performance, and you had some right Bamfords on there calling him spaghetti legs and telling him to piss off ?‍♂️ It’s pathetic

To be fair, if you watch Derby fan TV's videos he actually gives very fair and balanced opinions. Nothing abusive at all.

The example you've used for this thread is nothing to get in a flap about. I think you're over reacting slightly. It's just a bit of banter saying you could have just passed it to Bird. Something that if Marriott sees, he will probably just laugh at and say 'yes I could have done.'

I believe everyone should be allowed to voice their opinions, that's what football is all about. But it must be done in a respectful manner. It's the people on Twitter who call the players 'ducking twits' and tag them in the post. That is abusive and completely uncalled for.

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I 100% agree with the idea of this post. The stuff you see on Twitter is embarassing. This particular one I’m not to bothered about, if I saw Marriott in person I’d happily tell him he should have passed to Bird, in a non aggressive manner.

some of the other poo you see, for example after the Charlton game Scott Malone tweeted congratulating the lads on a great performance, and you had some right Bamfords on there calling him spaghetti legs and telling him to piss off ?‍♂️ It’s pathetic

I agree I could have used many worse examples but this particular example got under my skin when it’s supposed to be coming from ‘Derby County FAN tv’... proper incel behaviour. The reply they give when someone reasonably points out they’re right in what they’ve said but there’s no need to tag the players in is absolutely unhinged as well. 

And for what it’s worth if you ask Marriott what he’d do in that position if he was there again he’d probably say ‘hit a better shot’ rather than pass ?

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

To be fair, if you watch Derby fan TV's videos he actually gives very fair and balanced opinions. Nothing abusive at all.

The example you've used for this thread is nothing to get in a flap about. I think you're over reacting slightly. It's just a bit of banter saying you could have just passed it to Bird. Something that if Marriott sees, he will probably just laugh at and say 'yes I could have done.'

I believe everyone should be allowed to voice their opinions, that's what football is all about. But it must be done in a respectful manner. It's the people on Twitter who call the players 'ducking twits' and tag them in the post. That is abusive and completely uncalled for.

Problem is it’s the actual reply for me..... it’s a football game, it reeks of “I’m better than you”

The guy's name is Pete and, fwiw, I enjoy watching the previews and post-match shows. He's clearly got a love for the club and talks well about the game and DCFC in general, as does his glamorous assistant.

The one thing that irritates me about the shows is the repeated requests to hit the like button. I'm not sure how much difference it makes if there's x number of likes or 2x tbh.

3 minutes ago, Rampant said:

The guy's name is Pete and, fwiw, I enjoy watching the previews and post-match shows. He's clearly got a love for the club and talks well about the game and DCFC in general, as does his glamorous assistant.

The one thing that irritates me about the shows is the repeated requests to hit the like button. I'm not sure how much difference it makes if there's x number of likes or 2x tbh.

The more interaction, the more the video gets pushed, meaning more potential views and more potential ad revenue 

Most you tubers do it. Its irritating, but makes a good drinking game

57 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, not a fan. The guy may be a Derby fan but he comes across as an absolute weapons-grade Bamford. Says it's fine to criticise the players (fair enough I suppose) then has a full on hissy fit when someone criticises him. Precious as fook.

Yeah, I thought that, why does he resort to bamfordness like that, makes him come across as a proper tool

2 hours ago, bimmerman said:

The more interaction, the more the video gets pushed, meaning more potential views and more potential ad revenue 

Most you tubers do it. Its irritating, but makes a good drinking game

I’m about the only one who doesn’t push for subscribers, and to be fair anyway what I do is pretty niche 

Archived