@ing players on twitter when criticising...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

It’s embarrassing, stop it. You’re grown men/women ffs. 
Yea I’m looking at you ‘Derby county fans tv’ amongst some others. 

7DA49B01-6527-4380-A059-3B8097F71C30.png

2D851CE5-F898-48CC-A329-4AE924848EC6.png

Its just a form of bullying that they get off on.

I think you're being a bit soft on this one. Max Bird and other teammates have probably already sent him the same screenshot on WhatsApp giving him some banter for it. It's very much lad/team culture. Yes, Marriott ducked up and he knows it. Doesn't mean you can't give them some poo about it. Nobody died.

Was it Nugent who was taking the piss out of Waghorn for being a rip off at £5m? Marriott hasn't got to where he is today by being affected by some very light hearted stick. 

Where it's different though is tagging Dowell and Paterson in tweets giving them abuse after returning to their parent clubs. I'd agree with you on that. 

19 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I think you're being a bit soft on this one. Max Bird and other teammates have probably already sent him the same screenshot on WhatsApp giving him some banter for it. It's very much lad/team culture. Yes, Marriott ducked up and he knows it. Doesn't mean you can't give them some poo about it. Nobody died.

Was it Nugent who was taking the piss out of Waghorn for being a rip off at £5m? Marriott hasn't got to where he is today by being affected by some very light hearted stick. 

Where it's different though is tagging Dowell and Paterson in tweets giving them abuse after returning to their parent clubs. I'd agree with you on that. 

Remind me not to be your mate

Agree with the poster on this one, totally pathetic. Banter from fellow professionals in a team environment is ok, but some smart arse nobody that is no better than a key board warrior @'ing players to dig them out and get attention is very poor in my opinion.

Would they do it in person? Because tagging someone on twitter so they’ll see it is the online equivalent of shouting abuse at them in the street in real life. But these lowlifes think they’re hard men doing it from the safety of their keyboard, so they can’t get anything back. Banker bully’s hiding behind a fake name on Twitter. This is why I don’t use it. You want to talk about Marriotts miss, go ahead. But don’t tag the bloke ffs.

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

"Derby County "Fan" TV" seem like proper weapons from some of their tweets I've seen, don't want fans like this near our club to be honest.

Hi - because I'm old - what does 'weapon' mean in this context?

rooster/bamford?

53 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

The thing is, I don’t suspect that the players will have sleepless nights over it but I follow the rule that you shouldn’t speak to somebody online, or say something online, that you wouldn’t say directly to their face and some of these Twitter users wouldn’t say owt to the players if they met them in person other than ask for a photo etc... 

I didnt realise we had a Derby Fan TV ?‍♂️

I wish we didn't though. I love watching Arsenal Fan TV when they lose. The total meltdown is brilliant but its also embarrassing. They are everything that is wrong with their club. A small minority end up with a big voice that doesn't represent all fans. All fan TV channels usually end up spreading toxic attitudes. 

Simon Jordan was right on talksport about them & Neville was right about them years ago. 

Their comment on twitter are ridiculous. If you miss a chance you're team mate might take the mick a bit privately at training etc if you're a non league club but calling someone out doesn't help ?‍♂️

29 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

The thing is, I don’t suspect that the players will have sleepless nights over it but I follow the rule that you shouldn’t speak to somebody online, or say something online, that you wouldn’t say directly to their face and some of these Twitter users wouldn’t say owt to the players if they met them in person other than ask for a photo etc... 

100% agree. But a piss take about how someone should have passed the ball rather than shot? I think you've chosen a bad example.

Its different if this account has been on Marriott's case for some time and its more than just light hearted. But i don't follow them so I'd be unaware.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Would they do it in person? Because tagging someone on twitter so they’ll see it is the online equivalent of shouting abuse at them in the street in real life. But these lowlifes think they’re hard men doing it from the safety of their keyboard, so they can’t get anything back. Banker bully’s hiding behind a fake name on Twitter. This is why I don’t use it. You want to talk about Marriotts miss, go ahead. But don’t tag the bloke ffs.

Says someone who referred to Dowell as a ‘fraud’

Archived