Allez Allez Allez NOOOOOOO!

Philmycock

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Established Premier League Bournemouth. We're not a big club anymore.

Bournemouth being in the Premier League doesn't make them a bigger club than us, though. We're not a big club, but we never were. We're a middling sized club. Bournemouth are tiny. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Bournemouth being in the Premier League doesn't make them a bigger club than us, though. We're not a big club, but we never were. We're a middling sized club. Bournemouth are tiny. 

I still think it's ridiculous that we look down at the likes of Bournemouth and Watford when they've been far more successful than us in recent years. And let's not forget, the current World Champions brought the song to England (I believe).

FWIW, I think the song is great but we should try and find something more original.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I still think it's ridiculous that we look down at the likes of Bournemouth and Watford when they've been far more successful than us in recent years. And let's not forget, the current World Champions brought the song to England (I believe).

FWIW, I think the song is great but we should try and find something more original.

I have no beef with Liverpool doing the song, but it's kinda their thing init? 

Neither of those clubs have ever really won anything. A few years in the top flight doesn't make you a big club. Would you say they're bigger than Leeds, or Forest, or Sunderland, or Wednesday? They're not. 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wrong song 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Thanks.

It's not amazing, but I'd take anything (that isn't distasteful) to get the atmosphere going.

"You're gonna get your ducking heads kicked in" used to get the atmosphere going well at one time. I'll start that off next game.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

"You're gonna get your ducking heads kicked in" used to get the atmosphere going well at one time. I'll start that off next game.

“You’re going home in a St John’s ambulance” was a cleaner more inclusive chant I recall.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Napoli were the ones to popularise the song in Europe, Liverpool just decided to use it after it had done the rounds a bit. Here's an example of the original.

I'm with you though, I like the song but something more original would be nice.

Archived