The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

36 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And just to confirm on that point - the proposal released today has anyone earning less than £25.6k as unskilled.

NHS Starting Salaries:

Nurse £24.2k

Paramedic 24.2k

Midwife £24.2k

Radiographer £24.2k

Care assistant £17.6k

Physiotherapist £24.2k

Occupational therapist £24.2k

All basically economically inactive as far as I'm concerned. How much revenue does a nurse make for the country. Nothing I tell you.

All these jobs will still go to the tax dodging benefit cheats from abroad who come over here and do the jobs no one will do.

We'll be begging for immigrants in 20 odd years when the population has aged massively and all the skilled 'natives' have gone abroad to find better jobs.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just realised that could fall into the category of what Priti Patel as classified as economically inactive. Looks as if I'll have to nip to the farmer down the road and ask if he needs any crops collecting.

But going by the amount of water in the fields, he could ask me to sow some rice.  Well we will need it to feed all those Chinese workers that will be coming here to build the HS2

27 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I've just realised that could fall into the category of what Priti Patel as classified as economically inactive. Looks as if I'll have to nip to the farmer down the road and ask if he needs any crops collecting.

But going by the amount of water in the fields, he could ask me to sow some rice.  Well we will need it to feed all those Chinese workers that will be coming here to build the HS2

What Priti Patel has not yet explicitly said is that if Britain is going to be able to compete with China and India on the world market, then Britons will have to get used to having a Chinese or Indian standard of living. 

They have always said that people will be be worse off initially after Brexit until things pick up again.

56 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

What Priti Patel has not yet explicitly said is that if Britain is going to be able to compete with China and India on the world market, then Britons will have to get used to having a Chinese or Indian standard of living. 

They have always said that people will be be worse off initially after Brexit until things pick up again.

I recently met someone who used to work in priti Patel's ministry. 

Very unpleasant person to work for apparently.  And not very bright.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

NHS Starting Salaries:

Nurse £24.2k

Paramedic 24.2k

Midwife £24.2k

Radiographer £24.2k

Care assistant £17.6k

Physiotherapist £24.2k

Occupational therapist £24.2k

Not really sure how any of these roles are deemed to be 'unskilled' to be honest. Obviously they are poorly paid but surely that's not the same thing. It's rather worrying as the UK was struggling to staff the NHS before Brexit and this proposal so how will services be improved now? 

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Sacked employee doesn't like ex gaffer!

Well she does come across as a deeply unpleasant individual not just in terms of her worldview and the cynical abuse of her position as International Development Secretary, but also given multiple reports of her poor treatment of her own staff and team. It's not just @Van der MoodHoover's pal I'm afraid! 

As to her IQ, well it's been obvious for some time now that she's dumb as a sack of rocks, I'm afraid. Here's her farcical attempt to defend her stance on capital punishment, for example...

Folk on this thread have had plenty to say about Diane Abbot's gaffes (understandably on occasions) but even Diane at her sleepiest would know that if you execute people they tend to end up dead. After all, despite Priti's assertions, death does remain the UK's number one killer. 

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Well she does come across as a deeply unpleasant individual not just in terms of her worldview and the cynical abuse of her position as International Development Secretary, but also given multiple reports of her poor treatment of her own staff and team. It's not just @Van der MoodHoover's pal I'm afraid! 

As to her IQ, well it's been obvious for some time now that she's dumb as a sack of rocks, I'm afraid. Here's her farcical attempt to defend her stance on capital punishment, for example...

Folk on this thread have had plenty to say about Diane Abbot's gaffes (understandably on occasions) but even Diane at her sleepiest would know that if you execute people they tend to end up dead. After all, despite Priti's assertions, death does remain the UK's number one killer. 

Diane Abbott gets mocked for a mistake, with people, including individuals on this forum, saying how can someone like her be trusted to hold any responsible position in a future government.

Unfortunately this present government as already given an idiot an actual position of responsibility, when making Priti Patel Home Secretary. A  person who can only reiterate the same memorized sound bite answers to any question put to her. As shown in various clips posted on this forum. Worryingly she's not the only cabinet minister guilty of this.

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I recently met someone who used to work in priti Patel's ministry. 

Very unpleasant person to work for apparently.  And not very bright.

Wasn’t she attacking drug users the other day, rejecting to the use of the term ‘dabbling’? Conveniently ignoring the fact that at least 3/4 of the Cabinet have probably seen more snow than Santa’s elves.

10 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not really sure how any of these roles are deemed to be 'unskilled' to be honest. Obviously they are poorly paid but surely that's not the same thing. It's rather worrying as the UK was struggling to staff the NHS before Brexit and this proposal so how will services be improved now? 

Exactly - because the Tories think everything is valued by money they equate the two. Teachers, carpenters, nurses, painters, care workers, poets, charity workers, writers, all roles that not everyone can do but in some way or other are pretty vital to our society if not our direct economy. It ain't all about the buck.

Oh, and to respond to the point that all the roles listed above are somehow economically inactive - try telling the hedge fund manager who has just had a heart attack or the lawyer who needs cutting out of his mangled wreck of a car crash that paramedics are economically inactive.

12 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Nothing wrong with short term pain for long term gain it’s worked very well for me over the years.

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Diane Abbott gets mocked for a mistake, with people, including individuals on this forum, saying how can someone like her be trusted to hold any responsible position in a future government.

Unfortunately this present government as already given an idiot an actual position of responsibility, when making Priti Patel Home Secretary. A  person who can only reiterate the same memorized sound bite answers to any question put to her. As shown in various clips posted on this forum. Worryingly she's not the only cabinet minister guilty of this.

Diane Abbott thinks 60 million deaths are nothing to be concerned about.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wasn’t she attacking drug users the other day, rejecting to the use of the term ‘dabbling’? Conveniently ignoring the fact that at least 3/4 of the Cabinet have probably seen more snow than Santa’s elves.

Sounds true to form.

That Suella Braverman is another one who appears to have been put in post on the basis she said a couple of things Boris liked. Her actual legal experience is very thin indeed. 

Tell you what, Boris needs some diversity of intelligence in his cabinet cos they're all coming across as being as thick as pooe at the moment......?

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

and theres another point, me old Fruit of non-specific ethnicity......do well in your course and I reckon theres a job for you as AG as you come across as far more measured and no less experienced than the current one!?

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

and theres another point, me old Fruit of non-specific ethnicity......do well in your course and I reckon theres a job for you as AG as you come across as far more measured and no less experienced than the current one!?

Just to clarify, the reason I'm not a WASP (presuming you're on about the discussion in the Max Lowe thread) is because I'm technically a (non-practising) Catholic! As you can imagine, I've received absolutely no discrimination in my life. Apart from, perhaps, Catholics themselves who disapprove of certain solo practices!

Archived