The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

For the first time in weeks I felt real joy when the Prime Minister basically shut down the Kuensberg woman. Throughout Boris's waffle which was essentially good news, I said to my wife lets just watch the questions (for once) and see how long it takes for the BBC to put Cummings into the question. About 20 words!

Boris killed the question and dumped her. She looked totally shocked and on the 6 o'clock news appeared to have aged 10 years.

I don't normally like limiting journalists but occasionally getting them to move on is worth the confected outrage. 

I think the two of them know each other pretty well. She may well work for the BBC, that hotbed of anarcho-syndicalism but she is definitely not left wing.

It's not really moving on if there are still important questions to be answered but the person who can answer them has his fingers in his ears.

14 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

For the first time in weeks I felt real joy when the Prime Minister basically shut down the Kuensberg woman. Throughout Boris's waffle which was essentially good news, I said to my wife lets just watch the questions (for once) and see how long it takes for the BBC to put Cummings into the question. About 20 words!

Boris killed the question and dumped her. She looked totally shocked and on the 6 o'clock news appeared to have aged 10 years.

I don't normally like limiting journalists but occasionally getting them to move on is worth the confected outrage. 

Its such a shame I can’t enjoy the BBC because of the presenters anymore. I could list a whole raft of them. 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Do we know if he did drive back or did he continue onto London?

He returned to London 2 days after his trip to Barnard Castle, so unless he stayed he stayed there then it is safe to assume they returned to Durham. 

1 hour ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I'll settle for informed opinion.

That seems sensible.

How quickly can we come to a lightly informed opinion and what information and ability do we need to make a deeply informed opinion?

Do we think it is acceptable to demand resignation based on a lightly informed opinion? 

16 hours ago, jono said:

The trad left is fighting battles that have in many cases been won

This ,the down trodden mass's don't exist ,my wife works with families on benefits and they have a standard of living that a working family would find hard to match .

We are also far too generous across the board ,EU workers come over here, they get working tax credits that exceed their wages in some instances and are in a position to benefit from Right to Buy schemes .

I don't blame them one little bit , but you then have people moaning about the cost of housing and the shortage of affordable housing .It's the economics of the mad house.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I see that Trump is outdoing himself now

and going to war with Twitter - that platform that has hosted his deranged thoughts for year after year? 

"Executive order"? I've seen enough Star Wars to know that is not a good thing

He threatened consequences for criminals who are currently looting and committing vandalism. He is absolutely correct to do so.

12 hours ago, jono said:

Oh come on mate. He is disliked by his political opponents and some in his own party as well. That’s the real reason.

Have I said it's not? If you'd had the wit to read the post I responded to you might have grasped that I'm disputing the relevance of Brexit. Of course he's disliked, He's ducking repugnant. 

12 hours ago, jono said:

To suggest that this has anything really to do with interpreting lockdown rules as opposed to pure party politics just doesn’t stand up.

My post makes no mention of 'interpreting lockdown rules'. And just because you choose to believe something doesn't make it fact. 

20 hours ago, jono said:

My mate brought a jigsaw round the other day and we had a chat And a laugh on the doorstep. I can’t honestly say that we were 2.0 metres apart .. might have slipped to about 1.7. He’ll say he dropped it off on the way to a job .. essential ? Yes .. mental well-being for an aging person in our household. .. Just about everyone has done something that could be interpreted as breaking the rules.

Cool story bro. Completely irrelevant but thanks for sharing.

20 hours ago, jono said:

The rules are there to assist those lacking in common sense .. as the saying goes .. for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men. How many of the prats on the beach are being fined. ? This isn’t a one rule for them thing .. this is political games. Cummings has embarrassed to govt, sure,  but it’s being inflated way beyond measure. We are in the territory of a wink and a grin when our player “wins” a free kick and their player is a cheating bar steward ... it’s pathetic

I'm guessing you pitch yourself in the 'wise men' group and everyone who does not share your opinions is an 'obedient fool'. Bravo old boy. It must be very comforting for you.

I'll resist the urge to respond to your 'pathetic' comment and I see no need to address your crass football analogy either.

Have a good day.

17 hours ago, jono said:

Noooo the point about argument is to engage with those who have differing views. .. something the left has a big problem with. Disagree and you are branded as a heretic or a Nazi. It’s why the left never gets power - because it talks to itself in a bubble, doesn’t adapt to changing times. What is called the centre right now Is vastly different, more tolerant and more of the people Than those from 50 years ago. The trad left is fighting battles that have in many cases been won but because they either talk amongst themselves or demonise alternative views, they fail. 

Care to quote a single post where you've been labelled a heretic or a Nazi? Any one will do.

1 hour ago, jimmyp said:

That seems sensible.

How quickly can we come to a lightly informed opinion and what information and ability do we need to make a deeply informed opinion?

Do we think it is acceptable to demand resignation based on a lightly informed opinion? 

Well, we've certainly all read and heard enough about it all over the place. No lack of information here.

Archived