Jump to content

The Politics Thread 2020


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sorry, was just responding to the drivel posted about Starmer. Obviously there was no response when @Van der MoodHoover challenged the terrible original post. It's that sort of garbage that undermines democracy. That's if it's not already finished thanks to social media. Just think of similar people to @BriggRam who have read the same thing and are now immediately wary of Starmer. Probably the same sort of people who were destroying telecoms masts because of 5G conspiracy theories. 

 take it we not fwends then...... Sleep lost = nil, also read on my neo nazi site that Starmer wants to re engage with the EU, hope this is true another failure for the left bamfords

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'll apologise to Gboro for taking flak for me making a comment about one of Gstars comments.

I post as a member not as a mod so if anyone has a problem please feel free to address it to me personally or report it to David if it upsets you that much and you feel its broken the forum rules.

We'll never agree on here, we all have our own views on politics and its impossible to discuss it politely unless your face to face over a pint, so the best we can hope for is following the forum rules of no personal abuse. If any of you think my comment was personal abuse then report it or let me know by PM and I will respond to you.

I honestly dont think anyone is that bothered...probably more important things to worry about right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'll apologise to Gboro for taking flak for me making a comment about one of Gstars comments.

I post as a member not as a mod so if anyone has a problem please feel free to address it to me personally or report it to David if it upsets you that much and you feel its broken the forum rules.

We'll never agree on here, we all have our own views on politics and its impossible to discuss it politely unless your face to face over a pint, so the best we can hope for is following the forum rules of no personal abuse. If any of you think my comment was personal abuse then report it or let me know by PM and I will respond to you.

I don't think anyone took huge exception to your post. Just to me applauding it, strangely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I honestly dont think anyone is that bothered...probably more important things to worry about right now

Oh dear, does no one care? Is no one that bothered?

You might enjoy playing the victim - but I think you’ve laid it on a bit too thick there.

As you know, the ‘poster/mods’ are free to post, reply, like, and laugh at whatever they want as long as they abide by forum rules - same as all other posters. If they break the rules then you can report them.

You claimed you were ‘singled out’ for ‘personal attack’ by one of the poster/mods and that another poster/mod supported him.

Did you report this in line with forum rules?  Of course you didn’t…

Instead you turned your very tenuous ‘claim’ of being personally attacked into a ‘fact’ and then used that in a series of posts as an opportunity to present yourself as strong (‘it’s water off a ducks back’; ‘I’m thick skinned’), as a poor victim of the abuse of poster/mod power (‘I’m used to it’) and to signal some supposed moral superiority over the two poster/mods (as ‘a keen highlighter of double standards and hypocrisy’).

There’s little about this self-promotion and claims of being a victim that sound even vaguely genuine.  Sounds more like an exercise in puffing yourself up while trying to undermine two poster/mods who you’ve always managed to disagree with very robustly in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BriggRam said:

 take it we not fwends then...... Sleep lost = nil, also read on my neo nazi site that Starmer wants to re engage with the EU, hope this is true another failure for the left bamfords

I guess the only way he is going to appeal to you and your ilk is if he if treats the EU as enemies and keeps banging on about who won won the war.

Of course, we could always work closely with our European partners, especially in times of crisis. Procurement of medical equipment for example.

You are a bit if a snowflake too, implying that I've said you are on neo-nazi websites. Or are you trying to tell us something?

PS still no challenge to the response from @Van der MoodHoover to your Starmer post. Have you nothing to say to that? They obviously took some time to research their post. You could at least say thanks for the effort made vs your copy and and paste job from who knows where.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, maxjam said:

I don't think for one minute that anyone gets upset by any comments or emoji's posted here, they wouldn't last 5 minutes if they did!  

There have been times however imo that some conversations have been allowed to persist whilst others have been cut short.  Seeing as we're on a football forum, a good football referee should remain neutral at all times and no matter what the field it just seems a bit off to have someone supporting one of the teams holding the whistle and cards.

I should also add that by and large I don't have an issue with the moderating on this forum, in an ideal world however the moderator would be neutral.

I don't know what particular conversations you are talking about, we all know there are subjects that are proscribed on this thread and on the forum in general. 

The referee analogy isn't really valid, as referees aren't actively taking part in the football match.  Are there any permanently 'neutral' posters?  If there are, they sound dreadfully boring 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I don't know what particular conversations you are talking about, we all know there are subjects that are proscribed on this thread and on the forum in general. 

The referee analogy isn't really valid, as referees aren't actively taking part in the football match.  Are there any permanently 'neutral' posters?  If there are, they sound dreadfully boring 🙂

When I have been in various conferences which have had moderated "panel debates" the moderator has been outside of the debate and has basically "managed" the interactions.

I see our moderators role as fundamentally different in that they are not being asked to stand "outside" of all or any of the topics on the forum, they are there to ensure the basic levels of Forum rules and protocols are adhered to.

As such I think the whole moderator team - including @GboroRam - do a fine job. I have rightly been pulled up and censured on any occasion my posting behaviour has fallen short and I think that is all we can reasonably ask of the moderating team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whole modding argument is a bit tedious really. This isn't a parliamentary debate or a televised panel show, it's a bunch of us taking the piss out of people with differing views with an occasional sensible post from either side of the chasm.

For the record, my list of warnings and holidays nearly fills a screen yet some folk on here seem to think only Tories get censured. I just take my beats and move on. Not sure why others find that so hard, or why it even matters. It's not life and death chaps, it's a fookin footy forum. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Whole modding argument is a bit tedious really. This isn't a parliamentary debate or a televised panel show, it's a bunch of us taking the piss out of people with differing views with an occasional sensible post from either side of the chasm.

For the record, my list of warnings and holidays nearly fills a screen yet some folk on here seem to think only Tories get censured. I just take my beats and move on. Not sure why others find that so hard, or why it even matters. It's not life and death chaps, it's a fookin footy forum. 

 

you'll be able to add furlough as a new category mate....😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Whole modding argument is a bit tedious really. This isn't a parliamentary debate or a televised panel show, it's a bunch of us taking the piss out of people with differing views with an occasional sensible post from either side of the chasm.

For the record, my list of warnings and holidays nearly fills a screen yet some folk on here seem to think only Tories get censured. I just take my beats and move on. Not sure why others find that so hard, or why it even matters. It's not life and death chaps, it's a fookin footy forum. 

 

Lampard got me banned ,, sailed close a few Times with lambchop 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I miss lambchop. She was funny, even if she was a Brexiter.

She had an interesting perspective on the anti-democratic nature of the EU institutions tho, which made a change from the "take back control " and "brexit means brexit" tropes of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.