The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Don't worry, Gboro allows you to say what you want on here ?

And applauds posts that personally attack people for no reason. The only one to applaud that post. A fellow moderator too. 

42 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No Rebecca Long-Bailey in any of the key shadow cabinet positions. Can anyone else hear the sharpening of political knives?

Hopefully a cull of Momentum influence and the country finally gets an opposition party.

9 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

You make a lot of valid points Archied and I understand your conerns. As we're in 'uncharted territory' I'd be surprised if the Government are certain they've got the strategy right. We're definitely on a big learning curve. Hopefully we will learn from this with the least amount of deaths possible. IMO it's good there is going to be more cross-party discussion on the issue.

Great post. How we cope with this situation is thoroughly human. We do our best, work with what we have in terms of knowledge and equipment. No one knows, no one has a definitive solution .. why some want to make this some sort of, we the Left or Right have a monopoly of how to do it and our opponents are useless .. really deserve no credibility at all because their motives have nothing to do with solving the problem. 

I am delighted Starmer is getting involved early doors, he is an intelligent man and will certainly add to the mix of sensible voices he will have credibility when questioning or supporting govt action. 

28 minutes ago, Norman said:

And applauds posts that personally attack people for no reason. The only one to applaud that post. A fellow moderator too. 

If you see any personal attacks, report them. If you have an issue with my moderating, please report those instances to David.

I'm allowed to like, clap or laugh any post the same as you, by the way. I know you think you're singled out, but a sizeable number of people who strongly disagree with you have told you on this thread that they've had posts pulled and had points given out. 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If you see any personal attacks, report them. If you have an issue with my moderating, please report those instances to David.

I'm allowed to like, clap or laugh any post the same as you, by the way. I know you think you're singled out, but a sizeable number of people who strongly disagree with you have told you on this thread that they've had posts pulled and had points given out. 

I just though clapping Utch's personal attack on G Star was poor taste for a moderator. To post and to applaud. Considering other posters in the same sector who agreed with him didn't get the same response? So it's easy to conclude the intent. 

Couldn't really care about warning points etc. Never reported a post, never will.

You probably do a good job as moderator. Just thought that was a poor choice of post to applaud. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

I just though clapping Utch's personal attack on G Star was poor taste for a moderator. To post and to applaud. Considering other posters in the same sector who agreed with him didn't get the same response? So it's easy to conclude the intent.  

I find it odd to be criticised for favouring some posters over others. Of course I do. I think everyone does. 

I read the post again and I don't think it constitutes a personal attack. If you report these things, other mods will have an input. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Not sure what you mean by the highlighted part. I work in food production as well, so fully empathise with what he's saying much of the time. I don't recall anyone else posting anything about working in food production, in crowded lines where there's barely space for a pallet let alone 2m space from the person moving it. 

24 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I find it odd to be criticised for favouring some posters over others. Of course I do. I think everyone does. 

I read the post again and I don't think it constitutes a personal attack. If you report these things, other mods will have an input. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Not sure what you mean by the highlighted part. I work in food production as well, so fully empathise with what he's saying much of the time. I don't recall anyone else posting anything about working in food production, in crowded lines where there's barely space for a pallet let alone 2m space from the person moving it. 

Don't recall anything wrong with having to work out financial projections. Just as important, no? 

Not saying you can't favour some posters over others, it would be impossible not to. But that post, and you agreeing to it was unfair. From 2 moderators point of view, imo. Not worthy of anyone taking it any further or getting anyone else involved. That may be the prison officer in me talking though. 

As for the highlighted part, there is a post 3 posts under with someone agreeing about having to rip up projections.....nobody questioned it. 

Plus, let's have it right, that post has nothing to do with food production lines. 

And everything to do with telling someone you both clearly don't like to get his head out of his arse 

Sith Happens
58 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd like to be able to report posts, however this privilege was removed from me  with no explanation given. 

I did ask why and was told I had reported things I shouldn't but no examples were provided. it's hard to know what we should or shouldn't report if we are just blocked with no explanation.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interested to know how you did interpret then?

As an attempt to get you to realise there's more important things concerning people's lives right now, and your post was very "woe is me, I'm doing financial projections". The generosity of the members of this board will help hungry families feed themselves. That's real life stuff. Financial projections seem irrelevant right now. Utch seemed a bit wound up, but he's likely at the sharp end of life right now. 

Feel free to use the laughing emoji on this post, if it makes you feel better. 

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

And everything to do with telling someone you both clearly don't like to get his head out of his arse 

I'm sorry if my post liking has offended some of you on here. I'm sure some of the same offended people would have a moan about the snowflake generation. How strange eh? 

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

As an attempt to get you to realise there's more important things concerning people's lives right now, and your post was very "woe is me, I'm doing financial projections". The generosity of the members of this board will help hungry families feed themselves. That's real life stuff. Financial projections seem irrelevant right now. Utch seemed a bit wound up, but he's likely at the sharp end of life right now. 

Feel free to use the laughing emoji on this post, if it makes you feel better. 

The fact that the poster said absolutely nothing to another poster who agreed with me and said almost exactly the same thing, would suggest it's a personal attack on me.

Water off a ducks back though.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

The fact that the poster said absolutely nothing to another poster who agreed with me and said almost exactly the same thing, would suggest it's a personal attack on me.

Water off a ducks back though.

Clearly ?

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm sorry if my post liking has offended some of you on here. I'm sure some of the same offended people would have a moan about the snowflake generation. How strange eh? 

I'm not sure if anyone has been offended by the emoji, its more to do with the moderator of a political forum having a clear bias.  This thread can get pretty heated at times and it sometimes feels as though it needs an impartial arbitrator.

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Clearly ?

Well I'm used to the personal comments going unchallenged and left up so why wouldnt it be?

Assume it's ok for make personal comments back to the poster if he starts discussing his workplace situation again? After all theres more important things concerning peoples lives right?

26 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

No it's strange that you actually think people are offended by it.

Unless you're just trying to stoke the fire for once...

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm not sure if anyone has been offended by the emoji, its more to do with the moderator of a political forum having a clear bias.  This thread can get pretty heated at times and it sometimes feels as though it needs an impartial arbitrator.

Screenshot_20200405-201636_Samsung Internet.jpg

Neutral participant ?

Archived