The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good news that Johnson is bringing together people from the different parties, to listen to them and all work together.

Although, perhaps he looked at the glazed expressions of the likes of Rabb and Patel and thought he really needs some normal people about. And having to Zoom Gove everyday would do anyones head in. You know Gove is the ones forwarding all the unfunny jokes on the cabinet whatsapp group. Rabb does the conspiracy theory ones.

That made me spit my coffee all over me, you bugger

1 hour ago, ramesses said:

We can all play this game...

I wonder what the Conservatives should now be called. The New Nasty Party?, The Nastier Nasty Party?. The ERG Party?, The English National Party?, The Party Frit Of The UKIP Party?, Boris Johnson and the Masters of Waffle?

Just ''the government'' should do.

34 minutes ago, ramit said:

Isn't the market supposed to have the answers to every question?  Where are those market criers now?  Oh, receiving hand outs from government, that's right, but fear not, they will be back chanting their mantra soon enough.

But that presupposes we have a pure market economy. We don’t and haven’t had for a very very long time. We have a mixed economy with rules, protections and a whole raft of things that prevent a market being simply a market. It’s called civilisation, practicality and common sense. Far superior to any ideology be it a communist command economy or a rampant free market. The first doesn’t work, the second is nasty; both are more widely open to corruption than what we have now. 

14 minutes ago, jono said:

But that presupposes we have a pure market economy. We don’t and haven’t had for a very very long time. We have a mixed economy with rules, protections and a whole raft of things that prevent a market being simply a market. It’s called civilisation, practicality and common sense. Far superior to any ideology be it a communist command economy or a rampant free market. The first doesn’t work, the second is nasty; both are more widely open to corruption than what we have now. 

Have these voices been quieted in Britain?  They have not been so here, or in the cradle of capitalism USA.  i find their hypocrisy staggering.

8 minutes ago, jono said:

But that presupposes we have a pure market economy. We don’t and haven’t had for a very very long time.

Very true, but if economists like David Blanchflower are to be believed, unemployment in the second quarter of 2020 will be at least 20%, which takes us back to 1932. The future will be very different indeed.

At least we have learned that it is the health and care workers and emergency services that are important, not the hedge fund managers and tax dodgers that our politicians have been so eager to serve in the past.

2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

And the Greens, who are broadly of the left but completely excluded from the electoral system.

Excluded by the First Past the Post Electoral System, which largely forces the electorate to ignore smaller parties in General Elections.  An affront to any genuine democratic system really but it seems it set to continue for the foreseeable future. 

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

Have these voices been quieted in Britain?  They have not been so here, or in the cradle of capitalism USA.  i find their hypocrisy staggering.

No they haven’t, you’re right. Then again neither have the voices of Marxism 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Just ''the government'' should do.

If you like…

What do you prefer, the ERG government or the English National Party government. Given the cabinet I think the ERG government a little more accurate.

1 hour ago, ramesses said:

If you like…

What do you prefer, the ERG government or the English National Party government. Given the cabinet I think the ERG government a little more accurate.

Who cares call them whatever you like. Won't make a difference they're still in power because there were so credible alternatives

14 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Who cares call them whatever you like. Won't make a difference they're still in power because there were so credible alternatives

Thanks for your permission. I think I'll go with the ERG Party.

1 minute ago, ramesses said:

Thanks for your permission. I think I'll go with the ERG Party.

I'll go with the party that hounded sick people to suicide. I hope Kier Starmer fares better than the last Labour prime minister, who I will remember as leader of the illegal war party. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'll go with the party that hounded sick people to suicide. I hope Kier Starmer fares better than the last Labour prime minister, who I will remember as leader of the illegal war party. 

No. I think that was the Tory party?. 

Labours new leader 

In 2009, the paedophile Jimmy Savile was interviewed under caution by police in Surrey and Sussex. Subsequently, the police referred 4 cases to the CPS alleging that Jimmy Savile had abused 3 girls under the age of 16. 

The CPS, after receiving the files from the police, refused to prosecute Savile and dropped the case claiming ‘insufficient evidence’’. 

After Savile’s death, and despite multiple attempts of high level cover ups, we now know that he abused up to 500 victims over a four-decade period.

The man in charge of the CPS at the time, that decided there was 'insufficient evidence' to charge Savile, is the new Millionaire Leader of the Labour Party 

SIR KIER STARMER.

Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Labours new leader 

In 2009, the paedophile Jimmy Savile was interviewed under caution by police in Surrey and Sussex. Subsequently, the police referred 4 cases to the CPS alleging that Jimmy Savile had abused 3 girls under the age of 16. 

The CPS, after receiving the files from the police, refused to prosecute Savile and dropped the case claiming ‘insufficient evidence’’. 

After Savile’s death, and despite multiple attempts of high level cover ups, we now know that he abused up to 500 victims over a four-decade period.

The man in charge of the CPS at the time, that decided there was 'insufficient evidence' to charge Savile, is the new Millionaire Leader of the Labour Party 

SIR KIER STARMER.

Does that tell the full truth? Seems to me that he was a good enough man to admit the mistakes the CPS made and introduced a fair amount of reform that changed attitudes in a good way towards historic sex offences.

59 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Labours new leader 

SIR KIER STARMER.

Thanks for that. 

That sounds like a great reason to not vote Labour. 

22-savilethatcher-gt.jpg

thatcher-657675.jpg

_68801759_68801758.jpg

savile-thatcher_2437786b.jpg

Sith Happens
25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Thanks for that. 

That sounds like a great reason to not vote Labour. 

22-savilethatcher-gt.jpg

To be fair that was an astute move on thatchers part. Knowing that when people looked at those images in the future she wouldn't be the most hated person in them ?

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Classic whataboutery...

Im pretty sure there are no images out there of former labour leaders with Jimmy Saville though? Surely not. Or worse still details of dinner parties held by any former labour prime minister were Saville was on the guest list....

I guess whataboutery could go on and on.

Archived