The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was been overly dramatic, but some of the language used by arch-Brexiteers was not really ideal for forming lasting relationships. Surrender, 2nd world war references, implying they are the enemy. Childish and xenophobic. 

And how does some people saying such things translate to 'severing our links with Western Europe'?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/03/2020 at 17:17, FindernRam said:

Who regularly sends its bombers towards our airspace to test our response times. do they do this for fun?

Is this one of those things where you have to guess the next line of the song? It's Frankie Goes To Hollywood isn't it? 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah, I imagine the whole of Western Europe are at war with us now over some harmless words said by a couple of our politicians ?

Are you arguing words don't matter? 

Would you like me to look back through your posts criticising people on the left for their words? 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Are you arguing words don't matter? 

Would you like me to look back through your posts criticising people on the left for their words? 

Couldn't care less what words people use.

Sure I've pulled people up for their hypocrisy but personally I couldn't care less.

If you think Western Europe are going to sever links with us, and words like surrender are going to evoke war, then you are even more ridiculous than I already had you down as.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Couldn't care less what words people use.

Sure I've pulled people up for their hypocrisy but personally I couldn't care less.

If you think Western Europe are going to sever links with us, and words like surrender are going to evoke war, then you are even more ridiculous than I already had you down as.

Ah, I get it. So the Brexiteers were using the language of war to fire up the uk population to be wary of our enemies in Europe. But behind close doors they were getting on famously with our European partners, laughing about how the masses had all been taking in by their deliberately dramatic rhetoric. Drain the swamp eh?

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah, I imagine the whole of Western Europe are at war with us now over some harmless words said by a couple of our politicians ?

Do you know what the word 'evokes' means?

"The combative language evokes war, not cooperation." does no equal "I imagine the whole of Western Europe are at war with us now"

55 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ah, I get it. So the Brexiteers were using the language of war to fire up the uk population to be wary of our enemies in Europe. But behind close doors they were getting on famously with our European partners, laughing about how the masses had all been taking in by their deliberately dramatic rhetoric. Drain the swamp eh?

'...using the language of war...' this gets better with every post.

Why would they need to fire up the UK population? All of this was after Brexit had been voted for.

No I dont think they were getting on famously behind closed doors, Farage was saying the same in the EU Parliament as he was saying over.

Do you think the whole of Western Eurpoe are going to sever links with us based on a few words used by the likes of Farage and Johnson?

52 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Do you know what the word 'evokes' means?

"The combative language evokes war, not cooperation." does no equal "I imagine the whole of Western Europe are at war with us now"

Yes I know what it means, threw it in to a bit of dramatic effect, thought that is what we were doing?

45 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd start with anything referring to Diane Abbott, which was purely a mistake she made. 

That does sound really bad to be fair. I hang my head in shame.

Wish we could all be as magnanimous and complimentary to 'the other side' as you are.

2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Is it Iceland, practising for the Second Cod War? Fisheries are very important.

Surrender!  All your fish and chips are belong to us.

Bombers?  We don't need to stinkin bombers, we use our secret weapon, Eyjafjallajökull.

00001hiticeland_iceland_node_news_place021d.jpg

I see the orange half-wit across the pond is worrying that the USA may go in to a recession and wants Americans to return to normal working by Easter. So the stock market doesn't crash and for companies to remain open. Can't have all his billionaire backers losing a few dollars.

If this actually happens, in a few weeks time he'll no doubt be boasting how great he his, with all the thousands of job vacancies he's created. While ignoring the fact that the people who originally had those jobs have died of the coronavirus.

Whats his new slogan, keep america great.  Maybe it should be, let americans die.

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I see the orange half-wit across the pond is worrying that the USA may go in to a recession and wants Americans to return to normal working by Easter. So the stock market doesn't crash and for companies to remain open. Can't have all his billionaire backers losing a few dollars.

They'll already be shorting US equities and the the USD itself. Some folk never lose. They'll actually play a big part in destroying their own economy  but as long as they make money in the process, they won't give a hoot. Disaster economics at their finest.

As for Trump, all that tanning booth blowhard is concerned about is being remembered as the president who presided over the worst market crash in generations. Not the legacy his ego demands, I'm afraid. As it is and despite awarding himself a '10 out of 10' for his response to and handling of the pandemic, the US is not set to become the Coronavirus epicentre. Make of that what you will.

MAGA

Archived