Bobby Madley

Mafiabob

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think it's disgraceful that he got sacked for that. Clearly, it wasn't in great taste, but let's not pretend that stuff like that isn't joked about all across the country. He makes a good point about Johnson making a far more damaging comment in a similar period.

Yeah but that sending off of Martin was a sackable offence anyway

Not sure. It isn’t a casual remark. It is a specific joke at a disabled person’s expense, videoed and distributed. 

It’s unfortunate for him, but possibly the right decision. 

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Nipped on to post this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50960288

...then saw your thread.

I will never forgive Madley for that decision at Burnley, second only to that colossal bamford Stuart Atwell as the worst and out on his own as the most damaging (to us) decision I've ever seen.

Don't like to see anyone lose their career over a mistake, but in his case...I'm going to cave in to my base instincts and call it karma.

Its extremely harsh to be sacked. If he posted it publicly or it became a video in the public domain then I get it but the video never did, so it's a harsh decision to ruin his career like that.

99% of us would make jokes like that, and for 99% of that 99% we also only mean it as a joke.

Nice open and honest article and the refs association, coupled with their VAR implementation don't come out of it well.

Sith Happens

I agree people should get second chances but the article does come across as trying to deflect blame elsewhere and making excuses. 

Bringing his Dad up is poor, it has nothing to do with what happened and is only trying to gain sympathy,  likewise mentioning what others have done. 

We live in a world that overreacts, but it all seems about him. How about the poor person he took delight in making fun of...it demonstrates a bullying personality which is probably what got him sacked.

Funny how he talks about people making assumptions about him, or having pre-conceptions yet that was exactly what he had about Martin and no doubt others during his career too.

Sith Happens

Just to add, whoever sent the video to his bosses must be a horrible vindictive person. 

Can't ever imagine doing something like that to my worst enemy. 

Have a word and tell the person it's out of order yes, but that no.

How bad can their falling out have been?

I'll declare my bias upfront, my dad has been disabled since I was 1 so I'm hardly a fair judge on this... 

I completely agree it's something we see day in day out but does that make it OK? I don't believe so. Yes people make these jokes and wouldn't lose their jobs, but they don't work in the public eye in a job that's supposed to revolve around fairness in the most part and their employers probably don't have the power to discipline them like his employer did. 

Yes Johnson has said worse and trump has done very similar, does that make it better, or does it show that they're unfit for office? You can make your own decisions there

So I do agree he should have been sacked, but I still wish it was Atwell who'd done it

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Josh said:

Good riddance. I was there when he sent Martin off. Just need rid of that dosser Atwell now. 

Every game i have seen atwell recently he has been decent

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Good riddance. I was there when he sent Martin off. Just need rid of that dosser Atwell now. 

Yet we as Derby fans, probably celebrated Lawerences goals since his incident haven’t we......

Or keep blaming the press everytime Gazza breaks down and loses control again

I could pick loads of others who get unconditional support.

To say good riddance about a guy who made a stupid private joke.... and then for it not to be private, someone to take it to authority and gladly see his life go up in smoke..... is poor for me. Would you like the same happen to you if it was in your shoes? 

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Every game i have seen atwell recently he has been decent

Refs are decent..... it’s the public scrutiny and being left hanged out to dry by the powers above that bothers me.

58 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Yet we as Derby fans, probably celebrated Lawerences goals since his incident haven’t we......

Or keep blaming the press everytime Gazza breaks down and loses control again

I could pick loads of others who get unconditional support.

To say good riddance about a guy who made a stupid private joke.... and then for it not to be private, someone to take it to authority and gladly see his life go up in smoke..... is poor for me. Would you like the same happen to you if it was in your shoes? 

I hold grudges. 

Archived