Max Lowe

MackworthRamIsGod

Absolutely excellent today, even better than his performance on Monday which was still damn good! He was an absolute monster, won virtually every tackle he went in for, passing was top notch - accurate and intelligent, and he again scared the life out of the opposition defence driving forward and cutting inside. He’s almost our biggest threat doing that. 

Ill be fuming if he loses his place (in the league) to Scott Malone again, unless his form really drops off. He deserves a proper run in the side now he’s hopefully finally fully fit. If he can consistently produce performances like he has the past few games, then he’s the best LB in the league for me. He’s one of very few in our squad that can potentially be at that level.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle can be to Derby what Trent AA and Andy Robertson are to Liverpool. Both have the ability to play in the Premiership imo and both will improve with that Wayne fella knocking about the club.

Its as good a place as any to say that a Derby team containing Lowe, Bogle, Knight, Bird and Sibley, could smash this league with Rooney conducting the show next season.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle can be to Derby what Trent AA and Andy Robertson are to Liverpool. Both have the ability to play in the Premiership imo and both will improve with that Wayne fella knocking about the club.

Its as good a place as any to say that a Derby team containing Lowe, Bogle, Knight, Bird and Sibley, could smash this league with Rooney conducting the show next season.

Yes I’m coming to that belief, even if we end up losing Bogle.

We get the strikers firing (which I think Rooney will do, just by creating chances), add a decent couple of centre halves of Hunt isn’t ready, maybe a winger and we are not far off with what will remain of our squad after the summer.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Yes I’m coming to that belief, even if we end up losing Bogle.

We get the strikers firing (which I think Rooney will do, just by creating chances), add a decent couple of centre halves of Hunt isn’t ready, maybe a winger and we are not far off with what will remain of our squad after the summer.

After what Mel Morris said about wanting 50% of the starting lineup being from our academy at the start of next season, I can't see that we plan to sell him and if we did, we would fight to have him on loan here until the end of next season. 

The more game time Lowe is getting the more precise he is in everything he does. In previous games he's been too eager to go to ground. I'm impressed by his anticipation. As good as I've seen in person for a decade. The amount of times the ball get's played to his man and he's first to the ball or anticipates their touch/control and nicks the ball of their toes. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

After what Mel Morris said about wanting 50% of the starting lineup being from our academy at the start of next season, I can't see that we plan to sell him and if we did, we would fight to have him on loan here until the end of next season. 

Should really comment back on a thread about Bogle, I heard what Mel said and agree with it but every player has a price. If Bogle was sold at a very good price, it’s pay back for the academy and future development. It would also give Cocu more funds to reshape the squad within FFP limits.

Anyway back on track, it’s all looking rosier than a few weeks back and I’m quite excited at the talent coming through, including young Max growing of age. The best thing Lampard did for our existing squad, was to loan Max to Aberdeen. Took him out the heat at the time, gave him regular matches, whilst still learning, he came of age up there and now we are starting to reap the benefits.

On 31/12/2019 at 11:39, Ellafella said:

Spot on. Max was brilliant. Great footwork and huge energy.

However, I wouldn’t blame Mel if he spent the day today in a huge bath, smoking a big cigar and sipping champagne. He’s finally seeing his vision, energy and persistence come to fruition, not to mention his very considerable financial outlay. 
At the risk of obsequiousness, we are so lucky in Derbyshire to have Mel. He will leave a legacy of outstanding service to football and Derby County in particular. I have winced on occasion at some of the charges levelled at Mel but I suspect he will rightly take a quiet and inward self congratulation as the game unfolded last night. Those young guys are Mel’s creation. 

We were at the MOTM presentation last night and Mel spoke extensively about Max, his development, his injuries, his loan at Aberdeen and his progress into the first team. I was impressed with the level of detail and would wager he knows just as much about all our academy graduates. He sounded really proud.

Max also spoke well, and of course said how excited he was to be playing alongside Rooney but also mentioning how the other senior players helped and supported the younger ones. 

20200103_145542.jpg

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

We were at the MOTM presentation last night and Mel spoke extensively about Max, his development, his injuries, his loan at Aberdeen and his progress into the first team. I was impressed with the level of detail and would wager he knows just as much about all our academy graduates. He sounded really proud.

Max also spoke well, and of course said how excited he was to be playing alongside Rooney but also mentioning how the other senior players helped and supported the younger ones. 

20200103_145542.jpg

Hope you had a good night Angie. 

Archived