Duane Holmes

DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, Mckram said:

Really doesn’t look good...at least we don’t have anything to play for but think Holmes will get better and better, so I’m hoping it’s nothing too bad. 

Maybe it'll open door for Knight/Sibley to step in. Hopefully they play a lot before end of the season, there's lots of mistakes to do and learn from before they are ready for a full season.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Seen he’s called Cocus comments on his injury “incorrect” on Twitter?

He hasn’t. He called something Ryan Conway tweeted incorrect, and Ryan subsequently deleted the tweet. So I’m not sure what he said, but Conway replied to someone asking what Holmes had done and said someone in the press room told him - nothing to do with Cocu. If I was to guess, Conway must’ve said a relatively serious injury and Holmes has said that’s not true. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

He hasn’t. He called something Ryan Conway tweeted incorrect, and Ryan subsequently deleted the tweet. So I’m not sure what he said, but Conway replied to someone asking what Holmes had done and said someone in the press room told him - nothing to do with Cocu. If I was to guess, Conway must’ve said a relatively serious injury and Holmes has said that’s not true. 

Ah fair enough, was gonna say it didn’t think that could be quite right. Some more baalocks journalism out there

• 5 months later...

Duane Holmes has hit back at a Derby County fan who suggested he needed to get his injuries “sorted”.

Midfielder Holmes was one of Derby’s star performers when he was hit with a setback in February, the US international suffering a lower-leg injury against Huddersfield that kept him on the sidelines until the Championship season restarted in June.

Holmes has now revealed that he sustained a fracture to his fibula.

After a fan wrote on social media: Unfortunately his whole Derby career has been stop-start because of injuries. Needs to get that sorted,” Holmes replied: “How can I ‘sort’ that I fractured my fibula in a game please?”

Holmes then added: “Literally break your leg for a club and get comments like that. Can’t win can ya. Oh well.”

Holmes has made 38 appearances for Derby in all competitions this season, racking up four goals and four assists.

He has a fair point. But never really a fan of commenting on fan nonsense. You’ll find all types of dirge written about yourself if you looked as a player, and I’d hope Duane knows he’s pretty popular with the fans. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Whiner why? Although not the best idea getting into a spat with yet another internet idiot.

“Literally break your leg for a club and get comments like that. Can’t win can ya. Oh well.”

A matter of opinion i suppose, but around here, that would be called whining

Archived