Sign in to follow this  
Yani P

Promotion

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

It would be interesting to see that (doesn't have to be Derby); I wonder which game would get re-arranged. Surely the FA wouldn't allow a club to play two finals two days apart?

They let Liverpool play two games in one day. I don't think this will bother the FA - especially if it's a non Prem League team involved.

The EFL will probably move the playoff final closer to the FA cup final out of spite of we got to both.

6 minutes ago, DerpyDane said:

We still have to play every single team in the top 8. It would require a monumental run until the end of the season for us to even reach playoffs. 

And the top 8 have a lot of games against each other. I'll be honest and say in our last 15 games, if we lose 4 or more we won't make top 6. Here's an interesting scenerio for the midweek fixtures. Stoke at home to Preston= Stoke win, Derby away to Bristol we win. Regardless of the other teams results (unless Millwall beat Baggies tonight and beat Fulham mid-week) we would be 4 pts off the 6th spot

I prefer how this has gone this season to be fair. We aren’t a front runner so there’s little pressure and we’ve always been in reach of the playoffs without pulling any trees. We’ve just carried on steady. Think we could be dark horses this year with the little pressure on us. Lots of teams starting to bottle. Leeds West Brom think forest will aswell could easily sneak up if and it’s a big if we keep improving 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Just imagine we get into the playoffs though on the last day of the season - everyone's celebrating and the EFL turn up and nope we've just taken you out the playoffs and replaced you with whoever finished 7th - lets just say Boro for fun. I feel that would be even worse than a points deduction - we wouldn't go down any places -  we'd still finish 6th, but wouldn't get to compete in the playoffs just because the EFL are upset that they have been out manoeuvred.

I'm not as cynical as you though Grimbeard - I reckon our pals at the EFL will graciously push the playoff final back a few days to allow our team a bit of extra rest after their memorable FA Cup final win.

OK. You've convinced me, I'll trade in my cynicism for a dose of healthy scepticism and go with your idea instead. 🤩

6 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I prefer how this has gone this season to be fair. We aren’t a front runner so there’s little pressure and we’ve always been in reach of the playoffs without pulling any trees. We’ve just carried on steady. Think we could be dark horses this year with the little pressure on us. Lots of teams starting to bottle. Leeds West Brom think forest will as well could easily sneak up if and it’s a big if we keep improving 

It'll be like watching Secretariat  again!!

We've got a very tough set of remaining fixtures. We just need to focus on our own matches and not worry about the table week in week out. Continuing to attack and create chances. Swansea was another example of us inviting pressure onto ourselves and not knowing when to kick the ball long. Opposition teams are not running riot, we are ceding them opportunities. I look forward to more goals and more wins. 

Not a chance we will finish top 6. 

We could do but if we do or it looks like we might we WILL get a points deduction this season to prevent it. 

I can actually see a scenario where we get a points deduction and we appeal, and win, but by that point its too late.

The efl are intent on damaging us, by any means necessary.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not a chance we will finish top 6. 

We could do but if we do or it looks like we might we WILL get a points deduction this season to prevent it. 

I can actually see a scenario where we get a points deduction and we appeal, and win, but by that point its too late.

The efl are intent on damaging us, by any means necessary.

Our away form which has been consistent all season has been far more damaging than any recent threat of points deduction from the EFL let's be honest 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Our away form which has been consistent all season has been far more damaging than any recent threat of points deduction from the EFL let's be honest 

Pah...

100% win record away from home..in February.

😁

Can a points deduction (assuming there would be one given?) be given with immediate effect?  How would an appeal work there?  Surely any appeal would mean any deduction would at least be suspended until after said appeal?

Is anyone truly convinced that any such punishment will be given, confirmed, and enacted upon this season?  I'm not sure I am, what with Mel's apparent confident stance on the matter.

12 hours ago, GenBr said:

They let Liverpool play two games in one day. I don't think this will bother the FA - especially if it's a non Prem League team involved.

The EFL will probably move the playoff final closer to the FA cup final out of spite of we got to both.

Back to back finals 2pm and 4.30pm kick offs