Renew or release

Ilsonram12

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

With a summary like that I can’t see a queue forming!

I’m hoping League two managers don’t read this forum 

So in summary we have loads of players we would happily release but somehow the squad is still good enough for Cocu to be working with? Right.

And why anyone wants to keep Bennett is beyond me. It's been almost 10 years since his debut and he hasn't improved a jot. League One player, and that is probably being generous.

Chesterfield and Notts County (and when they were poo, Sheff Utd) weren't keen on keeping Bennett.

Unfortunately he is one of very many players who get games for us but who aren't good enough for the league that we are in and, despite claims that we are trying to get promoted, are the reasons why we don't

On 27/12/2019 at 18:16, Ilsonram12 said:

Out of the current Derby loanees and contract expires would you like any of them to be signed on a permanent/renewed for next season?

- Jamie Paterson (28)
- Kieran Dowell (22)
- Ben Hamer (32)
- Matthew Clarke (23)
- Chris Martin (31)
- Tom Huddlestone (32)
- Mason Bennett (23)
- Craig Forsyth (30)
- Curtis Davies (34)
- Ikechi Anya (31)
- George Thorne (26)

None from me

Martin still has it, if used properly, and has a couple more seasons in him. I'd give him a 2 year deal if he was going to be used properly. 

Can't bring myself to say we should let Thorne go. As far as I'm aware he's stayed fit on his travels, and with Bird not looking ready to step up and our other DMs spending more time on the treatment table than playing I think there is a place for him. I'd keep him over Hudds at least. 

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

Can't bring myself to say we should let Thorne go. As far as I'm aware he's stayed fit on his travels......

Don’t be daft.

He dislocated his shoulder after 16 minutes of his debut and hasn’t played since. 

At this point, I’d be happy with a completely fresh start. Sell everyone we can and release the rest to medical research - obviously not accounting the u23/18 sides. This club, at first team level, needs a new start.

Relegated with a completely overhaul is preferential to me than sticking by the players currently in the first team. 

Archived