Renew or release

Ilsonram12

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would keep Bennett as I think we miss his energy.

I wouldn't keep any of the others, including two of my faves on that list, Fozzy and Martin. Time to let go and build for a new future. 

Someone joking about Bradley Johnson - we should have kept him this season but he's another that the fans always got on the back of. I bet he's enjoying life more at Blackburn.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I wouldn't keep any of the others, including two of my faves on that list, Fozzy and Martin. Time to let go and build for a new future. 

Someone joking about Bradley Johnson - we should have kept him this season but he's another that the fans always got on the back of. I bet he's enjoying life more at Blackburn.

If we give Bennett another year he'll be due a testimonial he's been here that long. 

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The same B Johnson who interviewed on Radio Derby on the first day back confirming he was signing a contract extension that afternoon then wound up at Blackburn a few hours later.  Things have been increasingly bizarre from that point onwards this season.

Thats not so bizarre when you think about it though - Man United did the same thing with Phil Jones who a lot of the fans wanted shot of ages ago - it's called protecting your assets so they can't then leave on a free and you get some money back for them even though they have been deemed as surplus to requirements.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Youth and experience. Building for the future takes a lot longer if you keep getting rid of all players who have been here a while.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

I bet he's enjoying life more at Blackburn.

I think he was up until Joinersgate and then he seemed to find himself out of the team. Not sure if that was just coincidence or not though. I've just checked and he did start yesterday so he may be back in favour. He's certainly mentally resilient. I thought his Derby career was over part way through last season when Lampard ostracized him for biting Joe Allen. We could certainly do with a few players with his attitude at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Youth and experience. Building for the future takes a lot longer if you keep getting rid of all players who have been here a while.

But the more experienced players are all of an age where we should be replacing. Where are our 27, 28 year olds? We do have a very unbalanced squad of kids and relatively aging players.

I think someone started a thread about Martin early season and I said that I would keep him another year. I am changing my mind as I just don't think Cocu will play him in a way that suits his talents. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

But the more experienced players are all of an age where we should be replacing. Where are our 27, 28 year olds? We do have a very unbalanced squad of kids and relatively aging players.

I think someone started a thread about Martin early season and I said that I would keep him another year. I am changing my mind as I just don't think Cocu will play him in a way that suits his talents. 

Yeah I don't know where our players at the peak of their career are tbh. Very good point.

And I'd rather get rid of Cocu than Martin, because having seen early doors what Martin can offer and then seen constantly how Cocu ignores what works for the team, for what he wants - setting up to oppose the other team, he's not the manager for me.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I don't know where our players at the peak of their career are tbh. Very good point.

And I'd rather get rid of Cocu than Martin, because having seen early doors what Martin can offer and then seen constantly how Cocu ignores what works for the team, for what he wants - setting up to oppose the other team, he's not the manager for me.

I'm still voting Cocu in but I am quite puzzled at times by what I am seeing. 

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thats not so bizarre when you think about it though - Man United did the same thing with Phil Jones who a lot of the fans wanted shot of ages ago - it's called protecting your assets so they can't then leave on a free and you get some money back for them even though they have been deemed as surplus to requirements.

Appreciate that happens quite often, though you would have to consider what you shell out over a year compared to what you may get transfer wise.

It was more the absurdity of a player arriving for training, confirming a contract was ready to be signed that day. This was followed by a nice interview about Lampard and looking forward to the season with Lampard or without . Next morning holding a Blackburn shirt . P**S up and brewery spring to mind.

2 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Out of the current Derby loanees and contract expires would you like any of them to be signed on a permanent/renewed for next season?

- Jamie Paterson (28)
- Kieran Dowell (22)
- Ben Hamer (32)
- Matthew Clarke (23)
- Chris Martin (31)
- Tom Huddlestone (32)
- Mason Bennett (23)
- Craig Forsyth (30)
- Curtis Davies (34)
- Ikechi Anya (31)
- George Thorne (26)

None from me

Agreed none of these and you can the following to the list for  fee if possible.

Carson and Keogh (who in effect have already departed)

Jozefsoon, Marriott ,Roos and Evans.

Also possibles Waghorn,, Malone and Holmes.

I wouldn't baulk at any of the 19 providing we get a total squad of around 28 with the youngsters who fit PC's plans and no one over 27 (other than Rooney).

Priorities for the first eleven in order would be:

1 Fast tall No 9 

2and3 Two ball playing centre backs

4 Goalkeeper preferably up and coming

5 Quick right sided midfielder 

6 Ball winning box to box. in the middle of the park.

Just hope Santa brings us some late Chrimbo Presents

Archived