Renew or release

Ilsonram12

Out of the current Derby loanees and contract expires would you like any of them to be signed on a permanent/renewed for next season?

- Jamie Paterson (28)
- Kieran Dowell (22)
- Ben Hamer (32)
- Matthew Clarke (23)
- Chris Martin (31)
- Tom Huddlestone (32)
- Mason Bennett (23)
- Craig Forsyth (30)
- Curtis Davies (34)
- Ikechi Anya (31)
- George Thorne (26)

None from me

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Out of the current Derby loanees and contract expires would you like any of them to be signed on a permanent/renewed for next season?

- Jamie Paterson (28)
- Kieran Dowell (22)
- Ben Hamer (32)
- Matthew Clarke (23)
- Chris Martin (31)
- Tom Huddlestone (32)
- Mason Bennett (23)
- Craig Forsyth (30)
- Curtis Davies (34)
- Ikechi Anya (31)
- George Thorne (26)

None from me

Bennett definitely Forsyth and Martin possibly dependant on others leaving the world rest would need to leave 

Just now, Ruda Harliss said:

This all depends on who we are looking to bring in and why.

Correct and who leaves in addition to those 

Wouldn't want to keep any of them. All loans have been poor including Clarke. He only improves us because we have no other options. 

Bennett people look at through rose tinted glasses because 'he's one of our own' but he isnt good enough. The rest are either too old, too rubbish, had too many serious injuries or all of the above. 

Id be genuinely disappointed if we renewed any of their contracts 

I don’t think keeping hold of Hamer would be a bad idea if we can get him cheap and he’s ok with the idea of backup.

Bennett is still young but finding it hard to get past his injury issues, the lad just can’t stay fit to get any real game time under his belt. I would be tempted to give him an extra year with an option of another year with the understanding he will be sent out on loan. 

Probably it.

Dowell and Paterson haven’t worked out for whatever reason. Brighton only signed Clarke last summer for a hefty fee, came in, impressed a lot then faded badly, would need to show a lot in the second half of the season for us to be tempted to splash out on him.

Martin, Huddlestone, Forsyth, Davies, sorry no.

Anya, you can’t seriously even need to ask.

Then there is George Thorne, oh what could have been. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him hang up his boots in the summer, hurts to see such a gifted player destroyed by injuries. Hate to think where his head is at. 

steve bloomer
19 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

- Jamie Paterson (28)
- Kieran Dowell (22)
- Ben Hamer (32)
- Matthew Clarke (23)
- Chris Martin (31)
- Tom Huddlestone (32)
- Mason Bennett (23)
- Craig Forsyth (30)
- Curtis Davies (34)
- Ikechi Anya (31)
- George Thorne (26)

None from me

I don't think I'd renew any of these and instead implement the best youth as replacements, also it'd free up money on the wage bill to strengthern further.

Archived