South Africa v England Cricket 2019/2020

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top class batsman but he'll never make a decent skipper.

Puts the opposition in on a wicket already showing cracks and predicted to deteriorate significantly by the 4th innings. 

Completely makes a hash of bowling changes - in a low scoring game, persevering with Archer at 6 an over yet give Stokes only 8 overs.

Hope I'm wrong but can't see England getting to 200 in reply - bad weather their only saviour.

35 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Top class batsman but he'll never make a decent skipper.

Puts the opposition in on a wicket already showing cracks and predicted to deteriorate significantly by the 4th innings. 

Completely makes a hash of bowling changes - in a low scoring game, persevering with Archer at 6 an over yet give Stokes only 8 overs.

Hope I'm wrong but can't see England getting to 200 in reply - bad weather their only saviour.

It was a rotten decision but, in fairness to Root, it can't have been one made by him alone. Some consultation with vice captain, coaches etc must have taken place.

20 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's the hope that gets you.

Exactly mate. Football, Cricket, Rugby. Its all there this year. Ups and downs. However, if we do lose this series then I really want the cricket powers that be to look at another captain. The mistakes Root makes ( winning the toss nd choosing to bowl first as an example) are stacking up. There is alot of talent needs harnessing here for England at test level. 

Archived