Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This early business Cocu spoke of, not happening really is it?

I bet he is frustrated.

He’ll be more frustrated if we end up with panic loans like Paterson again! Still plenty of time yet though, not many teams have made signings 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure I read that Wes Morgan is out for 2 weeks. Leicester might just be waiting till he's fit before letting Benkovic leave.

Not always Derby's fault. You can't sign someone that a team won't let go till they've got someone fit or bought someone in.

We're only 8 days into January. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm pretty sure I read that Wes Morgan is out for 2 weeks. Leicester might just be waiting till he's fit before letting Benkovic leave.

Not always Derby's fault. You can't sign someone that a team won't let go till they've got someone fit or bought someone in.

We're only 8 days into January. 

The transfer window seems more difficult each window....I remember Rowett saying how difficult it is to get a signing over the line with agents sticking there oar in and complications regarding wages terms etc.....

I'm pretty sure it is just as frustrating for Cocu and lets hope our negotiating team are good.....Nketiah looks a good prospect and thought we might've been in for him, Sinclair is in Preston apparently so he's not on our radar...hopefully we have a few irons in the fire but not entirely confident about our recruitment team as we ended up with Dowell,Hamer and Paterson last window

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Arguably, we've already improved the average ability in the squad massively by getting rid of Paterson and Dowell...

I was going to put a laughing reaction to your post 

then realised it’s actually true and just a good point lol 

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Arguably, we've already improved the average ability in the squad massively by getting rid of Paterson and Dowell...

Pato wasn't that bad tho lol, better than Zoon, and in the limited appearances he made he looked just as good as Lawrence.

13 hours ago, Sidd10 said:

He was due to come here but Benkovic is off to Man United on loan due to their injury crisis. Maguire out for a lengthy period now

I can see Leicester helping out a team that they are challenging with for a top 4 spot. 

confused what are you doing GIF

22 hours ago, Squid said:

Pato wasn't that bad tho lol, better than Zoon, and in the limited appearances he made he looked just as good as Lawrence.

In comparison, Paterson and Lawrence aren't too dissimilar. Lawrence has been marginally better, sure, but it's not as clear cut as people may think. 

Paterson - 203 games in the Championship - 30 goals and 31 assists | 91 games in last 2.5 seasons - 11 goals and 14 assists
Lawrence - 188 games in the Championship - 31 goals and 30 assists | 99 games in last 2.5 seasons - 17 goals and 9 assists
Jozefzoon - 95 games in the Championship - 10 goals and 11 assists | 77 games in last 2.5 seasons - 9 goals and 9 assists 

When you compare them to other good wingers in our division, not even the best like Bowen:

Jed Wallace - 127 games in the Championship - 20 goals and 18 assists | 109 games in last 2.5 seasons - 20 goals and 18 assists
Joe Lolley - 159 games in the Championship - 26 goals and 22 assists | 85 games in last 2.5 seasons - 18 goals and 18 assists
Adam Reach - 251 games in the Championship - 26 goals and 38 assists | 114 games in last 2.5 seasons - 13 goals and 23 assists 

I know a winger's play isn't just about the numbers he produces, but it's absolutely a key part of it - it shows that Lawrence is the best we have and it's still no more than okay at this level. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In comparison, Paterson and Lawrence aren't too dissimilar. Lawrence has been marginally better, sure, but it's not as clear cut as people may think. 

Paterson - 203 games in the Championship - 30 goals and 31 assists | 91 games in last 2.5 seasons - 11 goals and 14 assists
Lawrence - 188 games in the Championship - 31 goals and 30 assists | 99 games in last 2.5 seasons - 17 goals and 9 assists
Jozefzoon - 95 games in the Championship - 10 goals and 11 assists | 77 games in last 2.5 seasons - 9 goals and 9 assists 

When you compare them to other good wingers in our division, not even the best like Bowen:

Jed Wallace - 127 games in the Championship - 20 goals and 18 assists | 109 games in last 2.5 seasons - 20 goals and 18 assists
Joe Lolley - 159 games in the Championship - 26 goals and 22 assists | 85 games in last 2.5 seasons - 18 goals and 18 assists
Adam Reach - 251 games in the Championship - 26 goals and 38 assists | 114 games in last 2.5 seasons - 13 goals and 23 assists 

I know a winger's play isn't just about the numbers he produces, but it's absolutely a key part of it - it shows that Lawrence is the best we have and it's still no more than okay at this level. 

Can we just bring back simmo lol

On 08/01/2020 at 20:23, S8TY said:

The transfer window seems more difficult each window....I remember Rowett saying how difficult it is to get a signing over the line with agents sticking there oar in and complications regarding wages terms etc.....

I'm pretty sure it is just as frustrating for Cocu and lets hope our negotiating team are good.....Nketiah looks a good prospect and thought we might've been in for him, Sinclair is in Preston apparently so he's not on our radar...hopefully we have a few irons in the fire but not entirely confident about our recruitment team as we ended up with Dowell,Hamer and Paterson last window

Yes but you need to understand the reasons why we ended up with them.mostly down to lampards mucking about but also we were unable to get our first target (which could be for many reasons). The recruitment team offer up 5-6players that may be avalible then you have to go with the one you can actually get.Paterson i heard was about far from 1st choice  after that the others were either to expensive,didnt want to come here or even have crazy inserts in the loan contract that ment they had to play( even if they are no good) or club got heavy fine.it can be so complicated.but we dont see all that.im not saying we have the best recruitment team and i have also been disappointed but there is so much more to it than we think.

Archived