Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

As much as Mount and Wilson improved the quality of the team last season, their departures also left us in a bit of a state. I imagine this is what people that are anti-loans are talking about. Any loan is a double-edged sword; they may improve the side but its either entirely temporary or the later purchase will be at a hugely inflated price if they do well.

Loanees of Mason and Harry's quality are rare, especially at this level. When loanees such as this are as integral to our collective success as they were, finding replacements will always be nigh on impossible. The alternative then of blooding an academy graduate instead is attractive due the comparative longevity that they can offer the team. 

So yes, Mount & Wilson both were great players last season, but how has it helped us in the long run? 

It's the risk you take though, isn't it?

We were 90 minutes from promotion last season. If we had won at Wembley, those loans would have led to Premier League football and its associated riches. I don't think it was a bad gamble, considering how close we got.

I see the argument against loans if you don't think we're going to get promoted or relegated either way. But let's say we finish the season strongly and end up three points outside off 6th. A loan player could certainly have made that difference.

Regardless, I really don't think a loan CB is going to affect the progress of any of our academy CBs. None of them seem anywhere near the first team at the minute. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few random comments from last nights match at Leicester.

Benko's passing's been off all night.

Now Benkovic is injured, unlucky for the lad.

Ankle knock flaring up again?

Benkosick

FFS Big Boy Benko is made of glass

Yes, but he's a smashing lad (you see, they even do the odd pun ay Leicester)

Il's a "Nix" from Phoenix.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

A few random comments from last nights match at Leicester.

Benko's passing's been off all night.

Now Benkovic is injured, unlucky for the lad.

Ankle knock flaring up again?

Benkosick

FFS Big Boy Benko is made of glass

Yes, but he's a smashing lad (you see, they even do the odd pun ay Leicester)

Il's a "Nix" from Phoenix.

Hmmmmm not fully aware of his injury record but I’d prefer we look elsewhere if he’s a player who’s in and out every few games. 

On 03/01/2020 at 16:53, Grumpy Git said:

Price doesn't come into it, a dross player is dross whether he cost £250,000 or £25,000,000

I wasn't agreeing with Holmes being a dross player just the sentiment of the statement. I quoted the answer instead of the original statement.?

I've always liked Holmes.?

"Leicester City defender Filip Benkovic is Derby's number one target, I understand, but they have also been linked with Tottenham Hotspur's Cameron Carter-Vickers and Rob Dickie of Oxford United.

"Derby would like to secure a loan move for Benkovic, the Croatian international who has made only two first-team appearances for Leicester since signing from Dinamo Zagreb in August 2018."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-new-targets-3713643

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

On the bench tonight for Leicester. 

Its a shame Morgan got injured i reckon this would be done now, need to wait for Leicester to sign a new CB

Morgan’s injury probably mean we will miss out

Archived