Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

8 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

The SHORT SIGHTEDNESS of people on here is unbelievable the 3 excellent loans signings that Frank brought in got us to a play off final I agree . But it has also got us to WHERE WE ARE NOW !!  ………..wake up people .

We don't even have a core of a team to put loans into at all.

We need to get the spine of the team signed to Derby . Whatever you say no matter how good they are loans know there not at the club the other players know there not at the club .

The situation Derby are in is a relegation battle if you don't realise this by now you will past xmas and its going to take more than rooney with a walking stick to turn us around !!.

Yep Jan isn't a great month to sign but Derby have no option we need to sign players to stay not sod off in 6 months time wake up people . Wether we sign expensive or bargain basement they need to be our players . Loan players will do nothing for the stability of the club or lay down proper crecentails to future signings that this is a club that's going to seriously going places . 

Use your noddles and take your hands off your play stations .

Can’t believe the short sightedness of this post   lol. Loans are fantastic in this division and the promotion is often based on them - see Villa Mings/Abraham. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were doing well and just needed the  finishing touch to get us over the line for promotion then I’d welcome this or any other loan signing but the season is near enough over for us. By the time he’s settled and gets into form, it would be time for him to go back to Leicester then we’ll be back in the same position as right now . Rather get no loan players in and focus more so on permanent signings. By the sounds of the rave reviews of him, he’d be the main player in our defence rather than supplementing it which is fine if we’re signing him permanently but not if it’s only a short term loan. Our overeliance on the loan players last season is why we are in the mess we’re in now and towards the bottom of the league

2 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

If we were doing well and just needed the  finishing touch to get us over the line for promotion then I’d welcome this or any other loan signing but the season is near enough over for us. By the time he’s settled and gets into form, it would be time for him to go back to Leicester then we’ll be back in the same position as right now . Rather get no loan players in and focus more so on permanent signings. By the sounds of the rave reviews of him, he’d be the main player in our defence rather than supplementing it which is fine if we’re signing him permanently but not if it’s only a short term loan. Our overeliance on the loan players last season is why we are in the mess we’re in now and towards the bottom of the league

Agreed. But Cocu says he likes to "loan with a view to buy".

Maybe....

3 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

Talking utter rubbish, with the right recruitment in jan we could be easily in the playoffs. Always a team like Derby underperforming and then they surge forward in Jan. 

11 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Talking utter rubbish, with the right recruitment in jan we could be easily in the playoffs. Always a team like Derby underperforming and then they surge forward in Jan. 

Lets just hope that we can avoid our usual post Xmas slump perhaps this year it is a Pre Xmas slump, fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Erm, Have you seen us this season so far? We are going backwards, not forwards and haven’t won for 6 games. We don’t even look like turning our form around, it was slightly better against reading but we still lost 3-0 to a bog standard bottom half team. The players don’t even look motivated. Rooney may help slightly, but he won’t be a one man team at his age. Will take at least 7 or 8 signings to sort us out, simply won’t happen in one window , especially in January and I hope we wouldn’t be stupid enough to try and sort it out in one window because we will end up wasting large amounts of money again. This is a long term fix, I don’t envy anyone who has to try and fix this mess.

12 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Always a team like Derby, but never Derby. 

Maybe this year will buck the trend of terrible January business though. I am hopeful. Everything else seems to be a bit tipsy turbo and different this year, so maybe January / February is where we really start taking the league by storm this season. 

Sorry to put a dampener of this, however Benkovic isn’t the answer.

Good young player but far too inconsistent for what we need!! Played at Dinamo Zagreb, a team which has won our league 11 years straight, Scott Malone would look good in that team..

Benkovic is solid but too hot and cold, recently played in Euro 21’s for Hrvatska and was horrendous!! 
I feel we need a CB with championship experience, a hard nosed ready to rip in type of player.. we lack any strength in our backline, all very soft.. Again Benkovic isn’t that type of player!! 

he's incredibly highly rated here, Celtic fans I read were comparing him to VVD during his time with them which is a good sign, Benkovic only goes on loan if we sign another CB, he was unlucky in a way, he came back from the U21s injured after missing a lot of the tailed end of last season with the same injury and probably shouldn't have gone and missed preseason at a time where he could have fought for the place with Soyuncu

22 hours ago, ZagrebRam said:

Sorry to put a dampener of this, however Benkovic isn’t the answer.

Good young player but far too inconsistent for what we need!! Played at Dinamo Zagreb, a team which has won our league 11 years straight, Scott Malone would look good in that team..

Benkovic is solid but too hot and cold, recently played in Euro 21’s for Hrvatska and was horrendous!! 
I feel we need a CB with championship experience, a hard nosed ready to rip in type of player.. we lack any strength in our backline, all very soft.. Again Benkovic isn’t that type of player!! 

Pssst.....Dino Peric

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If he does go on loan I cant see it being to us.

The further down the division we fall the further down the pecking order for the bigger players we fall.

if we loaned him I think we'd be looking for a Premier League club, someone like Norwich could be perfect

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You could argue that most teams higher up the league wouldn't be likely to be looking for a CB on loan.

For what it's worth, I was told at the gym yesterday that Benkovic is definitely joining us on loan.

The person who told me regularly speaks to Mel and various people within the club, so we will see how reliable her source is.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For what it's worth, I was told at the gym yesterday that Benkovic is definitely joining us on loan.

The person who told me regularly speaks to Mel and various people within the club, so we will see how reliable her source is.

I wasn’t given a name, but we’re hoping to get a deal for a centre back wrapped up by the second week of the window. You’d guess at it being Benkovic, but it’s obviously not done yet.

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Good news. What she really said, was she’d been talking to Mel about the bench press on the phone.?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I haven’t been given a name, and have no reliable sources, and I am not a member of a gym, but I imagine that we might get a centre back in the first, second, third or fourth week of the window.  #itk

Not the fifth week? This is the faith in our recruitment team I like to see!?

Archived