Mount

Tomori

Wilson

Ince (did very well on loan)

Bamford (definitely did a job for us)

Butland (excellent when on loan)

Ibe

Some less successful.  But loans can be good

I was going along with all of that then I saw Butland now I may easily be wrong but I can’t remember many clean sheets or points gained when he was with us although I do remember a penalty save but I think we even lost that one?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I was going along with all of that then I saw Butland now I may easily be wrong but I can’t remember many clean sheets or points gained when he was with us although I do remember a penalty save but I think we even lost that one?

We won 4 and lost 2 of the 6 he played, with 2 clean sheets kept. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Fair enough - didn’t feel like it ! 

Probably because we were on a run of clean sheets when he joined, we had 5, he kept 1 in his first game which equalled a club record of 6, I believe. 

We were also 11 undefeated in all competitions, won our first game but lost our next 2 league games (Kelle Roos was in goal in between those defeats in the league cup against Fulham) 

The SHORT SIGHTEDNESS of people on here is unbelievable the 3 excellent loans signings that Frank brought in got us to a play off final I agree . But it has also got us to WHERE WE ARE NOW !!  ………..wake up people .

We don't even have a core of a team to put loans into at all.

We need to get the spine of the team signed to Derby . Whatever you say no matter how good they are loans know there not at the club the other players know there not at the club .

The situation Derby are in is a relegation battle if you don't realise this by now you will past xmas and its going to take more than rooney with a walking stick to turn us around !!.

Yep Jan isn't a great month to sign but Derby have no option we need to sign players to stay not sod off in 6 months time wake up people . Wether we sign expensive or bargain basement they need to be our players . Loan players will do nothing for the stability of the club or lay down proper crecentails to future signings that this is a club that's going to seriously going places . 

Use your noddles and take your hands off your play stations .

4 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The SHORT SIGHTEDNESS of people on here is unbelievable the 3 excellent loans signings that Frank brought in got us to a play off final I agree . But it has also got us to WHERE WE ARE NOW !!  ………..wake up people .

We need to get the spine of the team signed to Derby . Whatever you say no matter how good they are loans know there not at the club the other players know there not at the club .

The situation Derby are in is a relegation battle if you don't realise this by now you will past xmas and its going to take more than rooney with a walking stick to turn us around !!.

Yep Jan isn't a great month to sign but Derby have no option we need to sign players to stay not sod off in 6 months time wake up people . Wether we sign expensive or bargain basement they need to be our players . Loan players will do nothing for the stability of the club or lay down proper crecentails to future signings that this is a club that's going to seriously going places . 

Totally right mate. Loans are good to add that little bit of quality but permanent signings is what is needed at Derby. The core of the squad has to be full of permanent players in order to progress.

We need a GK, two centre half’s, a ball winning midfielder, a couple of wingers and a striker.We need to be active in the next two windows!

33 minutes ago, Topram said:

Loans have been successful but we really do need a few permanent deals

we really need the right permanent deals.  Until the right players at the right price become available, we should use the loan market to help improve the squad.

36 minutes ago, U.M. said:

we really need the right permanent deals.  Until the right players at the right price become available, we should use the loan market to help improve the squad.

That’s why like Cocu said he likes loans with a view of permanent deal it’s the best option for us

43 minutes ago, Topram said:

That’s why like Cocu said he likes loans with a view of permanent deal it’s the best option for us

It’s a good way to do it, Franks loans last year were top draw, but they were the heart of the team when short term loans should bring that extra bit of quality to a team not the guts as they were last year. We have also lost Johnson etc from last year. I comparison would be to compare last years team at Christmas against this one, if you choose a joint team between the two it would tell the story as to why we are where we are.

i trust in CoCu to get this right but it will take a couple of windows 

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

With P&S, clubs cannot reasonably build a whole spine to a team in one or two windows. That's why we currently need a couple of loans to plug the gaps we cannot fill with permanent signings.

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Unless I'm misreading your post are you saying it was short sighted to loan two England and one Welsh internationals in the making, instead we should have signed all 3 for a combined fee of around £60 million that is of course if Chelsea and Liverpool were in fact willing to sell the players to us at all if we did have 60 mill lying around in loose cash. 

Am not sure where you would have expected to pick up equivalent players for vastly reduced transfer fees?

The strategy was the correct one the only minor detail unfortunately was that we were beaten by Villa in the playoff final.

With our record in the transfer market a try before you buy policy seems perfectly acceptable until something radical happens in our recruitment set up.

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

I can see this argument but I don't think it's particularly relevant to where we are at present. 

We have a lot of dross in our squad that needs getting rid of and we need to bring quality in ASAP, unfortunately we are approaching the January window where there are very few free agents around and fee's are hugely inflated. 

In this scenario I don't mind making a couple of quality 6 month loans to bolster the squad and let Cocu get the real business done in the summer when an overhaul is needed. If these loans come with a permanent deal then great but I'm happy with us getting some decent loans just to get us through......then the real work begins!

6 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Get off your box and go and sit on the naughty step .......and take the wooden spoon with you !! 

6 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Loans got both Stoke and Watford up.....

Archived