Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

Heard the name before but can’t say I know much about him. Centre half though, which is obviously a vital signing to make to replace Keogh. Must admit however, I was rather hoping we’d go for a more permanent player in this position, and ideally a more experienced leader at that, to replace Keogh as the organiser in defence. A 22 year old on loan doesn’t quite fit that description to me, as good a player as I’m sure he is. I appreciate you can’t always make such transfers as they’re expensive, but I really feel we should make an exception here even if it takes a large chunk of the budget as this signing is probably the most important in years. 

That said, this is the telegraph and they tend to be pretty spot on, so I expect this one to happen.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Lets be honest, between Davies and Cocu, neither of them are failing to motivate or inspire the current group of players. I'm absolutely on board with dropping Davies. 

If you see Davies in game you can see him bollocking some of our players for stepping wrong.

I think he is a leader, however he isn't technically capable as he once was.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

If you see Davies in game you can see him bollocking some of our players for stepping wrong.

I think he is a leader, however he isn't technically capable as he once was.

Then he clearly needs to look at his leadership style, because whatever he's doing, it's not working. We're second best all over the pitch against some very average teams.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Heard the name before but can’t say I know much about him. Centre half though, which is obviously a vital signing to make to replace Keogh. Must admit however, I was rather hoping we’d go for a more permanent player in this position, and ideally a more experienced leader at that, to replace Keogh as the organiser in defence. A 22 year old on loan doesn’t quite fit that description to me, as good a player as I’m sure he is. I appreciate you can’t always make such transfers as they’re expensive, but I really feel we should make an exception here even if it takes a large chunk of the budget as this signing is probably the most important in years. 

That said, this is the telegraph and they tend to be pretty spot on, so I expect this one to happen.

what makes you think we have a big enough budget to try for an expensive player

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Only problem with a back 4 of 

bogle benkobic Clarke Lowe 

there is no experience. Who will organise the team from the back. Need an older head at the heart of the defence 

Clarke captained Portsmouth on occasion, although not sure how often. His teammates spoke very, very highly of him as a leader.

Never heard of him but had never heard of Stimac before he came, so any centre back Croatian signing sounds good to me, given the foxes paid £13m for him.

If it happens, the only shame will be we will probably bring on another player for another Prem team, plus to that is at least it will keep encouraging clubs to loan their stars that haven’t quite made it.

He is definitely a classy player, he was very good while playing for Dinamo Zagreb. 

I can't say if he can play well at the Championship level, although he isn't R. Keogh or F. Tomori mould of player, he's somewhat different kind of defender.

This is the clip from Leicester training camp.

Firstly, he's doing a tackle.

Secondly, he's scoring a header.

.spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Jack Willow said:

He is definitely a classy player, he was very good while playing for Dinamo Zagreb. 

I can't say if he can play well at the Championship level, although he isn't R. Keogh or F. Tomori mould of player, he's somewhat different kind of defender.

This is the clip from Leicester training camp.

Firstly, he's doing a tackle.

Secondly, he's scoring a header.

.spacer.png

SCORING A HEADER??!?!?!?!

Sign him up.

Come on Mel,

Get the dosh out

lets goooo

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It's not ideal because we are largely doing a first go at revitalising the squad. 

Wisdom will do for the rest of the season. 

I would make Martin captain as he is a strong character who expects high standards. 

I don't think we have, or will get, a good wide player. 

We should play 4-4-2 with the midfield diamond, anchored by Bielik, energy from Knight and Sibley/ newbie with Rooney playing behind Martin plus Marriott or newbie(Cosgrove?) 

Shinnie as captain

Archived