Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

6 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Serious questions?

We're a ducking state and realistically have nothing to play for the rest of the season. Of course he'd choose Bristol over us. Maybe blame the recruitment team for their failings in the summer. Or maybe blame Cocu for our on pitch performances that leave us bottom half of the table with nothing to play for. 

Or “golden boy” Lampard who’s saddled us with Jozefzoon,Malone,Evans,Waghorn and Marriott !

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Most clubs own a house or two that non permanent players can stay at, or permanent players can stay at while they're house hunting. Players also occasionally houseshare if they don't have families.

He won't be travelling every day back and forth from Leicester.

But what if the player is settled in the Midlands. If he were to go Bristol it’s down to money end of! All this promotion push is baalocks he’s not bothered if Bristol go up or not, it ain’t going to be permanent.

1 minute ago, JayRam1 said:

But what if the player is settled in the Midlands. If he were to go Bristol it’s down to money end of! All this promotion push is baalocks he’s not bothered if Bristol go up or not, it ain’t going to be permanent.

So presumably Tomori and Mount didn't give a toss whether we got promotion or not last season?

If Benkovic goes to Bristol, he plays regularly and they get promoted, then his profile will increase to the point that he becomes a definite possibility for other PL clubs.

4 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

How on earth can you come to the conclusion that if he joins Bristol City the only reason is for money? Weigh up a list of pros between joining Derby and Bristol City and they'll easily be the better option. 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

How on earth can you come to the conclusion that if he joins Bristol City the only reason is for money? Weigh up a list of pros between joining Derby and Bristol City and they'll easily be the better option. 

Really??? Dont agree with that to be honest. Bigger crowds, better facilities, not far to travel that’s just naming a few the only thing is Bristol have on us is higher in the table with half a season to go.

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Can field that one:

Derby, Boro and Bristol will all say he'll be in their starting XIs - so essentially the same gametime is being offered at the same level of competition.

Boro 17th, Derby 16th, Bristol 5th. I'd choose Bristol too.

Splitter

3 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Really??? Dont agree with that to be honest. Bigger crowds, better facilities, not far to travel that’s just naming a few the only thing is Bristol have on us is higher in the table with half a season to go.

If he takes into account crowd size when deciding who to join then he'd go back to Celtic wouldn't he? Better facilities is a fair point, although I've not seen much of Bristol City's to know how big of a difference there is. And you keep mentioning travel as if he's really attached to the Midlands, but he happily went on loan to Celtic last season so I'm not sure why 6 months in Bristol would be such an issue if it's for the benefit of his career. And as I mentioned before, we're a club with all sorts of problems off the pitch and (unless we get a points deduction) have nothing to play for. I don't understand what is so appealing for any player at the minute to choose to join Derby on loan apart from the chance to play alongside Rooney .... that's about all there is. 

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

How can the loan deal be down to money? His Leicester contract gets fully paid regardless

Not so nowadays, players can be paid more than their Salary ( and agents want paying as well) - be given lump sum payments as well and clubs can demand loan fees  to amounts that they can dictate - it’s darn expensive and I don’t know why we are interested when it will be of no material benefit this season 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Not so nowadays, players can be paid more than their Salary ( and agents want paying as well) - be given lump sum payments as well and clubs can demand loan fees  to amounts that they can dictate - it’s darn expensive and I don’t know why we are interested when it will be of no material benefit this season 

Yeah most loans come with a loan fee & agent costs, very rarely do the players wages actually get increased during a loan, only ome i cant think of is Sam Gallagher.

So in terms of his decisions on who to join it wont be based on money

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yeah most loans come with a loan fee & agent costs, very rarely do the players wages actually get increased during a loan, only ome i cant think of is Sam Gallagher.

It will be based on Leicester’s decision and Brendon Rodgers has done us in before over Ibe and yes the Gallagher example was one that various clubs highlighted as becoming common practice to stupid levels 

I don’t think we should be spending money like this on someone we can’t sign

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

The worst one was Tammy Abraham. There was so much competition for loaning him that Villa agreed to pay 150% of his wages (about £130k a week I think) and he was then instrumental in them going up.

Isn't that what FFP was trying to stop? Retrospective action is no good if the promotion gamble pays off!

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm actually mildly amused by this.

I knew we were in for a poor window, that much was obvious, but not even I expected this transfer window to be so so bad.

But as yet! We haven’t wasted any ? ? ? money on stupid four year transfers for average to poor players ?

Archived