Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

But it’s bed wetters week !

Must have missed the memo, what I should have said is ''SIGN THIS GUY MEL OR THIS SEASON IS OVER AND WE'LL BE IN LEAGUE ONE, I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY BUT I KNOW HE'S EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS''

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

And if you're happy with Waghorn and Marriott as you're only fit strikers next season then I find that amazing. Waghorn misses chance after chance, Marriott cannot stay fit. Essentially you are a Waghorn injury away from having a young striker who has never played a first team game and barely even been in the squad as your only striker. 

If/when we have a few games at the end of the season with nowt to play for, I'd like to see Whitaker start every game. 

Knight, Bird, Sileby, Holmes and Rooney all playing.

Bogle, Lowe, Wisdom and Davies with Roos in goals. Academy CB if we got one good enough.

No point playing loans unless they sign.

As well as a White Christmas, I'm dreaming of a long summer break and a proper pre-season without a change in manager.

And a recruitment team who knows what they are doing.

On 26/01/2020 at 19:51, JfR said:

From now on let's only target players that nobody else wants

That’s our recruitment team’s mission statement. 

I’m usually quite supportive but to not sign anyone with the month nearly out is odd. Luckily results on the pitch have been iok but it’s been a very disappointing transfer window. 

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

If/when we have a few games at the end of the season with nowt to play for, I'd like to see Whitaker start every game. 

Bogle, Lowe, Wisdom and Davies with Roos in goals. Academy CB if we got one good enough.

As well as a White Christmas, I'm dreaming of a long summer break and a proper pre-season without a change in manager.

Nail on the head here mate. 

I can't believe after season on season of failure that this same recruitment team is still in place.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Whittaker is nowhere near ready. I’d like to see him go out to a lower league club to get some game time and toughen him up. When he’s played he looks too lightweight. It is a tough position to play and to break through in so more game time at a lower level will benefit him than the odd sub appearance here. 

2 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

That’s our recruitment team’s mission statement. 

I’m usually quite supportive but to not sign anyone with the month nearly out is odd. Luckily results on the pitch have been iok but it’s been a very disappointing transfer window. 

We have signed Wayne Rooney effectively to play in this window 

56 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nail on the head here mate. 

I can't believe after season on season of failure that this same recruitment team is still in place.

Hopefully Cocu will advise Mel on how he rates/regards our recruitment team, surely if he doesn't think its any good he'll say / advise so.... we live in hope...from a fans point of view it seems poor ( not just based on this window as no one is completing deals yet )

33 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Whittaker is nowhere near ready. I’d like to see him go out to a lower league club to get some game time and toughen him up. When he’s played he looks too lightweight. It is a tough position to play and to break through in so more game time at a lower level will benefit him than the odd sub appearance here. 

He looked our best player when he came on at Fulham. Why not start him for the potentially meaningless games at end of season. He looks quick and has scored bags of goals at junior level. How exciting would it be if he scored 5 goals from the 10 final games of this season?

While with you in thinking that Whittaker looks a little under-cooked at the moment, I'm not sure a stint in League Two is what he needs - that level of football would not be the place for his skills to thrive in my opinion. More and more minutes off the bench to gain confidence is perhaps a better pathway.

I think he'll make the breakthrough here within the next 18 months.

53 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

He looked our best player when he came on at Fulham. Why not start him for the potentially meaningless games at end of season. He looks quick and has scored bags of goals at junior level. How exciting would it be if he scored 5 goals from the 10 final games of this season?

That’s fair enough but one good sub appearance doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’m not knocking him and do want him to be a success but just don’t think he’s ready. Callum Ball scores for fun through the age groups to name just one. I’m just of the opinion that for his long term development a loan might benefit him. 

On 27/01/2020 at 15:32, cheron85 said:

Just checking here - Home form?

We've only lost 2 (I think) at home this season and think we've picked up the 3rd most points at home too

Away on the other hand we may as well just not show up (I mean literally rather than figuratively as is currently happening) 

Hurriedly wrote that on my phone on my break at work, definitely meant away form. As you say, home form is jarringly solid compared to the away form.

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We have signed Wayne Rooney effectively to play in this window 

But that was before we lost Keogh and 32Red paid for him (allegedly). 

Just strikes me that we really do need a centre half (as evidenced by the on-going saga) but we’re getting nowhere fast. Just seems a bit weird to leave it so late and to not have other options. 

Davies, Wisdom, Clarke, Foz, Evans (if he gets fit), even big Tom at a push. We're not short of numbers and there's three very solid options.

If we can sign one of the central defenders we'll need next season on loan now, then happy days, but if we can't there's no need for crying about it.

A winger, someone to liven up our slightly ponderous attack though...that's what I'd like to see.

1 hour ago, Raich Van Carter said:

But that was before we lost Keogh and 32Red paid for him (allegedly). 

Just strikes me that we really do need a centre half (as evidenced by the on-going saga) but we’re getting nowhere fast. Just seems a bit weird to leave it so late and to not have other options. 

We have Davies - highly experienced 

we have Clarke - on loan and doing ok 

we have Forsyth - who has done well 

we have wisdom - who has shown he can do it 

if we break all of those -we have Evans and Huddlestone who could help out 

we are not in a desperate state - we are not likely to be involved in the promotion push and we shouldn’t be involved in the relegation scrap according to the club 

why spend money on a loan fee and wages that helps another club develop their players - sure do it if we can have them next season for 12 months as well 

Archived