Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

5 minutes ago, enachops said:

Jeez, all of this blame the recruitment team is so dull! How the heck is it there fault if a player identified chooses someone else. There job is to identify players. We’ve probably got no money to offer, hence missing out. Also sick of folk tossing over Brentford’s recruitment, despite us consistently being better than them. 

Roll on Feb 1st so this boring episode can be put to bed. Rant over. 

Brentford have spent a fraction of ourselves, turned over huge profits in their ins and outs, but can’t keep hold of the players they bring in. 

We’ve spent huge amounts, in comparison, wasted millions in wages and barely come close to recouping player fees. 

Recruitment is the easiest job in the world - find players better than what we have, considering what we have, I could do it bed bound with one eye. It’s truly the worst thing about this entire club and is the consistent factor in holding us back. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I might be wrong, but I believe the general outrage at the 'recruitment team' is based on the calibre of our scouting. I can't recall too many good players that we've been linked with that have turned us down.

But you have just commented that they aren’t involved in negotiations? I didn’t mention the general outrage? 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Brentford have spent a fraction of ourselves, turned over huge profits in their ins and outs, but can’t keep hold of the players they bring in. 

We’ve spent huge amounts, in comparison, wasted millions in wages and barely come close to recouping player fees. 

Recruitment is the easiest job in the world - find players better than what we have, considering what we have, I could do it bed bound with one eye. It’s truly the worst thing about this entire club and is the consistent factor in holding us back. 

I think our scouting consists of ringing up certain football agents and asking if they can recommend any players.

Wasserman being our absolute fave.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

But this isn’t necessarily the so called ‘recruitment teams’ fault. They don’t negotiate the contracts, fees etc. They just identify the players. Player like Watkins were identified. Blame the chief exec and others who negotiate. They’re the ones that have spunked the money away.

If recruitment was that easy, clubs wouldn’t make a bad signing. Throughout my time following the last 30 years we’ve made good and bad signings. That will continue, I agree we’ve wasted a lot of money, but not all the signings have been thy bad. 

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Cough.

On 09/07/2019 at 18:07, Ambitious said:

I'm a big, big fan of Dowell. 

I really like technically gifted players above all else. Dowell is a player that I'm sure will flourish in the right role and the right club. I don't think Sheff Utd was the right move for him, but he'll be an excellent replacement for Mount. 

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Cough.

Very good point well made, but the last time I watched him was at Forest a couple of years ago. It just highlights that if you don’t do your job properly how easy it is to get it absolutely wrong, going off snippets you remember in your head. 

I’d like to think that if I was trusted with any money the club are putting forward that I would at least watch the last 12 months, perhaps even talk to coaches who had watched him. The kid’s development has gone backwards over the past 24 months, a red flag considering the aim is progression and development. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Very good point well made, but the last time I watched him was at Forest a couple of years ago. It just highlights that if you don’t do your job properly how easy it is to get it absolutely wrong, going off snippets you remember in your head. 

I’d like to think that if I was trusted with any money the club are putting forward that I would at least watch the last 12 months, perhaps even talk to coaches who had watched him. The kid’s development has gone backwards over the past 24 months, a red flag considering the aim is progression and development. 

Fair point. Just messing with ya.

If he is our top target, we’ll probably sign him in 6 months for £18 million.

And the club will tweet ‘We’ve got ‘im, ladies and gentlemen!’

He’ll be incredible for 6 games and then he’ll get injured on international duty with Croatia making his bed in his hotel room.

And then we’ll never see him again.

The Derby way...

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If he is our top target, we’ll probably sign him in 6 months for £18 million.

And the club will tweet ‘We’ve got ‘im, ladies and gentlemen!’

He’ll be incredible for 6 games and then he’ll get injured on international duty with Croatia making his bed in his hotel room.

And then we’ll never see him again.

The Derby way...

e72a4f6d7456912f6661baf2d3820309.gif

By all accounts this was pretty much done. Cocu's interview after a game early on in January where he said it would be the following week was because this was all agreed.

Then (which pretty much sums up our season) Leicester's replacement gets injured for Juve and their 3rd choice centre half, Wes Morgan, gets injured so it all gets put on hold until Leicester can get this replacement in.

Now Rodgers has confirmed he expects Benkovic to go out early this week.

And all of a sudden out of nowhere he's going to Boro?

This football club at the minute. Absolute mess.

Archived