Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, looks like this ones dead then. Very disappointing to miss out on our top target, but FFP issues undoubtedly are causing problems. Have to move for someone like Carter- Vickers ASAP then.

Would you stop bloody mentioning Carter Vickers FFS,.there's not even a reliable source on his own thread to say we've got any interest in him, and I bloody hope it stays that way.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Does it really matter? It's a nothing season where Wisdom/Davies are more than capable of filling the role for the last 18 games.

If you've got 5 minutes, Mel would like you to draft next season's renewal letter.

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Would you stop bloody mentioning Carter Vickers FFS,.there's not even a reliable source on his own thread to say we've got any interest in him, and I bloody hope it stays that way.

Pretty sure the DET said he was a legitimate option in an article previously. I don’t trust them dismissing players as targets, but when they say someone is an option I tend to think they’re not making it up. I actually don’t mind the idea of signing him, think he was harshly treated in the mess at Stoke and would do a good job here. Looks the right sort of player for what we need going by his time at Swansea.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Does it really matter? It's a nothing season where Wisdom/Davies are more than capable of filling the role for the last 18 games.

But signing Benkovic may have been the difference between finishing 11th and 12th! How will we cope having to use our own players for the rest of the season?

4 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Ducking Boro, couldn’t think of a more boring club to join, o well! Hopefully this makes us prioritise a winger instead of a CD now

Hope so we desperately need something else going forward someone to create a spark 

39 minutes ago, Topram said:

Ffs absolute joke main target chased him for over a month then lose out, bet Cocu is pleased 

end up with a guy who was woeful at stoke 

Is that based on you having seen him play on a number of occasions or are you being guided by comments on the Stoke forum? If it's the former then fine, if it's the latter then you need therapy.

This club will never be successful with our recruitment team. Mel had to spend near on £100m in wages and fees to stand still, now backwards, so what happens when they don’t have that volume to waste? 

Benkovic may well be a decent player, but it’s clear our recruitment team are so limited that other respective pool of players is pitiful. 

I’m just glad it’s not my money that their incompetence has pissed away. Arguably the biggest cancer at the club currently! 

Jeez, all of this blame the recruitment team is so dull! How the heck is it there fault if a player identified chooses someone else. There job is to identify players. We’ve probably got no money to offer, hence missing out. Also sick of folk tossing over Brentford’s recruitment, despite us consistently being better than them. 

Roll on Feb 1st so this boring episode can be put to bed. Rant over. 

1 minute ago, EraniosSocks said:

In charge of convincing a player, so yes negotiations they can be part of, due to being recruitment 

I might be wrong, but I believe the general outrage at the 'recruitment team' is based on the calibre of our scouting. I can't recall too many good players that we've been linked with that have turned us down.

Archived