Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

25 minutes ago, Philspen said:

Hopefully Derby being 40 mins away from his house would persuade him to come Derby! Nice easy commute, whereas Bristol city means moving to bristol for rest of season and who wants to live in that shithole!

I’d much rather walk through Bristol
City Centre, along the docks, rather than walking through Derby with 50 spice heads hanging around greggs 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philspen said:

Hopefully Derby being 40 mins away from his house would persuade him to come Derby! Nice easy commute, whereas Bristol city means moving to bristol for rest of season and who wants to live in that shithole!

Have you ever been to Bristol? It's deffo one of my favourite cities, chock-a-block with great bars, pubs, eateries, cafes, and excellent nightlife in general. Check out The Island or Lakota for instance, not to mention St Pauls Carnival. Some might fine curry houses, museums, parks, theatres, old style shopping arcades and any number of great places to simply bimble around.

What's not to like?

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Have you ever been to Bristol? It's deffo one of my favourite cities, chock-a-block with great bars, pubs, eateries, cafes, and excellent nightlife in general. Check out The Island or Lakota for instance, not to mention St Pauls Carnival. Some might fine curry houses, museums, parks, theatres, old style shopping arcades and any number of great places to simply bimble around.

What's not to like?

funny accents.....

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

What's not to like?

King Street and surrounding area good for old style pubs with good beer. 

City centre to be avoided at weekends. 

Too many loonies. 

3 hours ago, neil62uk said:

Hope I'm wrong ..but get the feeling with the off the field activities .. there won't be any incomings..  but more out goings ..but then again we are capable of anything Mr Rooney comes to mind 

you'd think a lot of players would jump at the chance to train/learn from Rooney.

11 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

you'd think a lot of players would jump at the chance to train/learn from Rooney.

Yes, but I suspect they (or their club) would want remuneration for their services, and that's where we seem to be lacking.

Very fair comment above about needing to shift players out still. I don't think a solitary loan would break the bank with Thorne off the wage bill, but maybe given the size of the fee Leicester paid for Benko we need to free a bit more up to cover his wages and/or a loan fee. Only need to look at what we were quoted for Mings last year.

I'm hoping the Rooney factor will kick in this summer. Get a couple of quality kids in whose owners want them to learn by playing along side Wazza and also he can pull a few strings behind the scenes to get a former team mate or 2 here for the season.

Archived