Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/01/2020 at 13:44, Posh Ram said:

Maybe the best thing for everyone involved would be a year-and-a-half loan?

Benkovic won't get into the Leicester team in 2020/1 anyway, especially if they're in the Champions League. We'd be able to bed him in this season and he could be a key player next year in what will hopefully be a promotion push. Then if promoted we'd have the money to sign him.

Regardless though, what's disappointing is we should be trying to find a Benkovic of our own, to keep. Our recruitment team can't hold a candle to Brentford, Bristol City etc.

Bristol?!

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I have watched Vestergaard a number of times and always come away with opinion that he's utter tripe. The performance against Leicester where they lost 9-0, I think he was dragged off. I can't see Leicester being interested purely because of that; he was castrated live on TV against them. 

I'd certainly be raising my eyebrows as a Leicester fan, especially as Benkovic (you would think) should at least be at the same level - if not better. Not questioning their scouting, btu would surprise me. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That should hopefully be good news for us. If Leicester finally get their CB In then that’ll sure give the green light for Benkovic to go out on loan. Hopefully we can get this one finally wrapped up over the next few days.

So why isn’t this guy good enough to play for Leicester ?

Only issue with this is I don't like the idea of swapping and changing CB partnerships.

WIsdom and Clarke seemed to be ok on saturday and would like to see more.

Feel bad for Wiz if we make this signing because once again he will be back on the bench.

51 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can Benkovic play as a right-sided CB? Dunno

Clarke is beginning to play well again and Wisdom seems to have his swagger back.  Swagger Jagger

Might Benkovic's arrival hasten Bogle's departure? Will it 'eck, note to do with it.

55 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

image.png.f10dbbfbfe1d6f7421f985e08da9c754.png

Decent response but they are wanting to get someone in instead of him, that’s really the bit that bothers me and not to mention that we are unlikely to be keeping him longer than basically the 3 months we have left in the season 

I can’t say I’m a fan of loaning a player from another club, when there is no chance of signing them permanently. I’d much sooner scout the lower leagues for a ‘diamond’ in the making. 
a prime example of this is Matt Clark £1.5m. John Stones cost £1.5n.
Harry Maguire was in my £750k. 
Other clubs do it , what’s wrong with our Scouts - are they completely useless ?. Looks like they are !!

Get your bloody act together DCFC !! 

Archived