Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a slightly strange one for me - we have no chance of buying him permanently we assume so why are we bothering - what do we get from making Leicester city have a better squad - if it was for a full season then fair enough but for basically 3 months why? Surely there are decent enough centre half’s available who could cover us until the summer

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This is a slightly strange one for me - we have no chance of buying him permanently we assume so why are we bothering - what do we get from making Leicester city have a better squad - if it was for a full season then fair enough but for basically 3 months why? Surely there are decent enough centre half’s available who could cover us until the summer

Who? Forsyth, Evans and Wisdom? A left back, a midfielder and someone who hasn’t played at centre back regularly for yonks. Doesn’t fill me with a load of confidence. 

7 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Who? Forsyth, Evans and Wisdom? A left back, a midfielder and someone who hasn’t played at centre back regularly for yonks. Doesn’t fill me with a load of confidence. 

I wasn’t referring to our current players but a centre half who is experienced enough to step right in if needed 

Maybe the best thing for everyone involved would be a year-and-a-half loan?

Benkovic won't get into the Leicester team in 2020/1 anyway, especially if they're in the Champions League. We'd be able to bed him in this season and he could be a key player next year in what will hopefully be a promotion push. Then if promoted we'd have the money to sign him.

Regardless though, what's disappointing is we should be trying to find a Benkovic of our own, to keep. Our recruitment team can't hold a candle to Brentford, Bristol City etc.

9 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Benkovic won't get into the Leicester team in 2020/1 anyway, especially if they're in the Champions League. We'd be able to bed him in this season and he could be a key player next year in what will hopefully be a promotion push. Then if promoted we'd have the money to sign him.

Regardless though, what's disappointing is we should be trying to find a Benkovic of our own, to keep. Our recruitment team can't hold a candle to Brentford, Bristol City etc.

Makes more sense but probably not from a Leicester city point of view 

I really don’t see the point in this signing at all! Yes he’s a good player but we’ve got no chance of signing him permanently! We might as well stick with what we’ve got. We ain’t going down or up this year so focus on trying to get somebody in in the summer. Also from his injury record he will probably miss most of the 2nd half this season anyway

2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

you underestimate how highly the manager rates him, he picked up an injury at Celtic, which never truly healed, he then went on to play at the U21s which made it worse and he had an operation he is only back to fitness in the last couple of months, had he been fit he would have been fighting Soyuncu to replace Maguire, I could see him replacing Evans next season but even if he didn't with the CL he would still play lots of matches next season.

The reason we want to sign another CB is to replace Morgan, loaning Benkovic out gets him games whilst the new guy gets the rest of the season to settle in

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I get your point, but Bristol City have had plenty of mishits. Nowhere near as good as Brentford.

True, I more meant their general approach to signing players - trying to get young players a year before their value skyrockets.

Think this one will happen this week or not at all. I’m fairly sure Cocu still wants a centre back, and I can’t see us messing around any longer if Leicester don’t let Benkovic go this week. We’ll have to move for other targets like Carter-Vickers before someone else snaps them up and we’re left with no one.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think this one will happen this week or not at all. I’m fairly sure Cocu still wants a centre back, and I can’t see us messing around any longer if Leicester don’t let Benkovic go this week. We’ll have to move for other targets like Carter-Vickers before someone else snaps them up and we’re left with no one.

Good thing with Benkovic is he cant play Friday anyway so gives us a little longer til Luton if needed.

Archived