Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Cocu just stated that the deal they was working on isnt going to happen so they are having to work on an alternative.

Think that nails down Benkovic isn’t going to happen and a centre back is still top priority

Tonight’s performance would suggest that assessment of our priorities is correct. 

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We have Davies - highly experienced 

we have Clarke - on loan and doing ok 

we have Forsyth - who has done well 

we have wisdom - who has shown he can do it 

if we break all of those -we have Evans and Huddlestone who could help out 

we are not in a desperate state - we are not likely to be involved in the promotion push and we shouldn’t be involved in the relegation scrap according to the club 

why spend money on a loan fee and wages that helps another club develop their players - sure do it if we can have them next season for 12 months as well 

A geriatric who can't pass, a loanee (which as you say, we're developing for Brighton), a left back returning from awful injuries, a right back who might be ok but who knows, a CDM who's famously ponderous and a CDM who is constantly injured.

We have one senior player whose primary position in CB on the books - he's 34 and was told he wasn't part of Cocu's plans at the beginning of the season. It's a joke.

And we conceded 3 to effing Luton Town! I agree that we shouldn't panic buy but they've had all winter to line up players  for Jan. You're not telling me there isn't a reasonable player somewhere in the world available that would either be promising or just able to play without getting [REDCATED] at the {REDCATED]!!

So, I disagree - we are in a desperate state and we DO need at least one CB and Cocu agrees as (possibly, at least) evidenced by the apparent chase for Benkovic.

The one thing you're right about is that we're not likely to be involved in a promotion push - partially at least, because we don't have a settled back two, let alone four. 

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I wonder if perhaps Cocu's 'clue' in his interview post-Luton was Jack Simpson, or even Jozwiak, rather than Benkovic.

Bournemouth have said Simpson isn't going out on loan so guess that's one off our list.

4 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Serious questions need to be asked if we have been in for him all window but he chooses Bristol

Can field that one:

Derby, Boro and Bristol will all say he'll be in their starting XIs - so essentially the same gametime is being offered at the same level of competition.

Boro 17th, Derby 16th, Bristol 5th. I'd choose Bristol too.

3 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Serious questions need to be asked if we have been in for him all window but he chooses Bristol

Serious questions?

We're a ducking state and realistically have nothing to play for the rest of the season. Of course he'd choose Bristol over us. Maybe blame the recruitment team for their failings in the summer. Or maybe blame Cocu for our on pitch performances that leave us bottom half of the table with nothing to play for. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Can field that one:

Derby, Boro and Bristol will all say he'll be in their starting XIs - so essentially the same gametime is being offered at the same level of competition.

Boro 17th, Derby 16th, Bristol 5th. I'd choose Bristol too.

Take it you would want to travel hours for training and matches then I take it?

3 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

I'm massively disappointed with the transfer window so far but I'm really not sure what more we could do with Benkovic? We tried to get him early but it was always reported Leicester needed to sign a centre back themselves before they would let him go and then the Morgan injury made it even more difficult to get it done. And whilst we were waiting for Leicester to sort their situation out Bristol City have let Wright leave and so are now in the market for a centre back themselves. So now Benkovic has to choose between a team fighting for a play off spot (Bristol City), a mid table team (Boro), or a mid table team surrounded by controversy (us). 

Just now, JayRam1 said:

Take it you would want to travel hours for training and matches then I take it?

Most clubs own a house or two that non permanent players can stay at, or permanent players can stay at while they're house hunting. Players also occasionally houseshare if they don't have families.

He won't be travelling every day back and forth from Leicester.

Archived