Christmas choice of tipple

Bubbles

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

You'd be better off with sewer water.

I'm all for a bit of banter, and I really do hate coming over all lectury, but some guys (and gals!) really do have good reason to keep off the proper stuff.  Some times there's a little more to it than merely "No thanks, I'm driving".  I got half a dozen (Becks Blue) in for my lad, so he can at least pretend to be having a drink with us!

I know... I know... Sorry!  Merry Christmas.   ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm all for a bit of banter, and I really do hate coming over all lectury, but some guys (and gals!) really do have good reason to keep off the proper stuff.  Some times there's a little more to it than merely "No thanks, I'm driving".  I got half a dozen (Becks Blue) in for my lad, so he can at least pretend to be having a drink with us!

I know... I know... Sorry!  Merry Christmas.   ?

I get that @Mucker1884 but have you tasted it? I think I'm selling sewer water short. Do you like your lad?

Get him some Erdinger AlkoholFrei Blue Label and get yourself some, and all pretend to be having a drink together by properly enjoying the taste! You'll thank me for the recommendation.

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I get that @Mucker1884 but have you tasted it? I think I'm selling sewer water short. Do you like your lad?

Get him some Erdinger AlkoholFrei Blue Label and get yourself some, and all pretend to be having a drink together by properly enjoying the taste! You'll thank me for the recommendation.

I'm not a beer drinker, so that's me out of the equation!  

And if he want's anything more than "whatever they've got on the shelf at Morrisons", he can get it him-duckling-self!    ??

Anyway, it'll have to do him for today now... but I will pass on the recommendation though, so thanks for that!  ???

Oh... I just so happened to win a bottle of Shloer ? a fortnight ago... £1 a strip, so it only cost me a fiver!  I was about to return it to be re-drawn, when Muckerette mentioned it was alcohol-free, so our lad might like it!  Hey, it's the thought that counts!   ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not a beer drinker, so that's me out of the equation!  

And if he want's anything more than "whatever they've got on the shelf at Morrisons", he can get it him-duckling-self!    ??

Anyway, it'll have to do him for today now... but I will pass on the recommendation though, so thanks for that!  ???

Oh... I just so happened to win a bottle of Shloer ? a fortnight ago... £1 a strip, so it only cost me a fiver!  I was about to return it to be re-drawn, when Muckerette mentioned it was alcohol-free, so our lad might like it!  Hey, it's the thought that counts!   ?

On a good note, your son probably won't be a beer drinker either, that Becks Blue should put him off the stuff for life!

Smart move!

I thought I was picking a good football team when I opted to support Derby County as a kid, maybe it isn't the thought that counts!

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Judging by his Facebook, @David was disgracefully drunk yesterday. Such a lightweight.

Yes. 3 years without a drink prior to this week, 15 bottles of Peroni, Gin and half a bottle of Prosecco wasn’t the greatest of ideas.....whilst on medication.

My phone was a walk of shame this morning.

Had a bath with the missus which I have no memory of, tried to get her niece to go out and get me some fags for £500, I haven’t smoked in years. 

Went out front in my boxers to check if neighbours were in so I could turn the music up. 

Texting a mate yet sent it on Twitter which wasn’t the most PC thing to be saying. Facebook also had a number of embarrassing status and comments.

This is all what I’ve found in my phone and been told, never had this amount of complete memory loss through alcohol before. Kinda scary. 

Bit rough today, still in bed, crawled to the toilet a couple times but not ready to function as a human yet and seeing yet another pathetic Cocu poll I’m not ready to take the forum on either. 

Be nice to the mods tonight please as I really don’t want to get called out to sort any issues my head hurts ?

17 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My grandson chose well! 

A beautiful dark rum. 

IMG_20191226_075513.jpg

Don't open it, leave it in your will for your grandson, he won't dare open it either and will only display it at Christmas and then leave it to his son and that will be the start of a wonderful family Christmas tradition and in a thousand years the bottle will be found buried somewhere in the post apocalypse wastelands by aliens who won't open it either but will donate it to the Galactic Heritage Museum and finally the caretaker will drink it.

Well. its only the day after Boxing Day and I'm already drinking the stuff that got opened on xmas day and not finished. Its like an ocd thing, several part bottles of sauvignon blanc in the fridge taking up much needed room so I'm minesweeping those before opening summat I'd actually enjoy.☹️

Finished off a bottle of Veuve Cliequot champagne in the new year's spirit, pretty good stuff, a bit too sweet for aficionados (read snobs) perhaps.  Followed it up with the expensive cheap stuff bubbly Bolla Prosecco Organic which tastes exactly as bad as it sounds and which has as a no mean feat all by itself in it's own right in a singular fashion and without any assistance half put me off ecological responsible correctness  but still, that's the good thing about being on the second bottle, one doesn't care as much.

On 26/12/2019 at 20:22, David said:

Yes. 3 years without a drink prior to this week, 15 bottles of Peroni, Gin and half a bottle of Prosecco wasn’t the greatest of ideas.....whilst on medication.

My phone was a walk of shame this morning.

Had a bath with the missus which I have no memory of, tried to get her niece to go out and get me some fags for £500, I haven’t smoked in years. 

Went out front in my boxers to check if neighbours were in so I could turn the music up. 

Texting a mate yet sent it on Twitter which wasn’t the most PC thing to be saying. Facebook also had a number of embarrassing status and comments.

This is all what I’ve found in my phone and been told, never had this amount of complete memory loss through alcohol before. Kinda scary. 

Bit rough today, still in bed, crawled to the toilet a couple times but not ready to function as a human yet and seeing yet another pathetic Cocu poll I’m not ready to take the forum on either. 

Be nice to the mods tonight please as I really don’t want to get called out to sort any issues my head hurts ?

Don't worry about it, this happens every time I'm out with the lads.  You get used to it...

Archived