Is this a top 6 team/squad

Archied

Top 6 team / squad  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now? No.
Feb 1st? Possibly.

With the addition of Rooney and some other ins, we could end up with a similar effect to Mitrovic had at Fulham. Not a guarantee of course, nothing is guaranteed in football but the question is a bit daft, as it's not like this is the squad set in stone to see us through the next half of the season.

You could say Bogle would fit in to most teams and could be the target in January of some clubs then we would have zero.

The way we are playing and the squad we have i would take 21st position and go again next season,but does mel have the money to totally revamp this shambles of a team

No, it’s not. The disaster of a summer window ensured that, one of the worst transfer windows I’ve ever seen a club go through. Totally ruined us, not even a hint of the progression we should’ve been making.

However, just because we’re not top 6 standard, doesn’t make us bottom 8 standard. We’re a mid table quality team imo, which isn’t currently playing like one.

Worst team we've had in ages, coupled with our pre-season and rookie Champ manager it's a bit of an expected mess. 

Not sure any of the top teams would want any of our lot currently. Would you really want a defender as weak at defending as Bogle is if you were top 6? He's great for us as a long term (academy) investment and the potential is clearly there but for a team who needs a solid right back to win promotion this season I'm not so sure he'd be top of the list.

not in a million years. We need major surgery in jan and next summer.

I'd keep Bogle, Beilik, shinnie and Lowe. The rest have got to improve massively (which they won't imo) or get shipped out. Lawrence has potential but he's proven now he's a 1 in 4-5 game player.

We're a solid mid-table side. And we were last season as well. If not for a few star loans that are now playing regular international football we would have finished where we're on track to this year. You have to take a longer term view though, we need to recover and so its positive to see the youth team developing. It may take a couple of years for us to feel the benefits of this, I just hope Derby fans stick with it because two years of mid-table mediocrity really isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things. Especially if it might give us some stability in the long run. 

There's some talented players in there, but once again we're not seeing them put in the effort needed to go with their ability. We've regularly had a team that on paper should be making the top 6 or even better, but not since McClaren's 1st season (and maybe last season under Lampard) have we really seen the team have the right mentality to go with it. And look at that team, only Hughes and Hendrick have gone on to much bigger and better things, but at the time the whole team was willing to fight for each other. Having some talented players helps, but you're not going to achieve anything if those players aren't willing to buy into the manager's ideas and work hard for it. 

Keepers - No

Defenders - Davies still class, Bogle quality, Lowe and Malone decent, Clarke looks good when fit, Wisdom haven't seen properly for about 2 years

Midfield - Holmes and Bielik for me are good, Evans has something about him but needs more support, Shinnie when fit yes

Forwards - Martin. Waggers and Lawrence all up there but struggling beyond that - Marriott class finisher but off the boil horribly

I always work on the basis you need 22/23 players for a championship season these days (more with our injury record atm) so we're about 10-12 players short of a competitive squad - Some could be coming up from the youth team but realistically we need 2/3 players with a creative sparkle to supplement Lawrence and Rooney in January - Don't need to be Prem quality but someone on the level of Russell/Ward/Bamford from the Mac1 season

No. Not close. A keeper, 2 centre halves, 2 centre mids, 2 wingers and a proper striker away from being one. We're okay at full back, and that's about it. Bielik when fit is a good quality holding mid. We have no quality, and equally no depth in quality. We need a huge January window of signings. Not sure we're going to get one, but it's what we need.

Archived