The next eight

Sean

Just had a look at our fixtures and for the optimists out there, seven of the next eight league games are against teams currently below us in the table.

Reading (A)

Wigan (A)

Charlton (H)

*Rooney eligible to play and January window opens*

Barnsley (H)

Crystal Palace (A) cup game - free hit

Middlesbrough (A)

Hull (H) - only team above us at the moment

Luton (A)

Stoke (H)

There are of course no guarantees but with the window opening and a chance to refresh the squad, including injured players coming back and a favourable run of fixtures, it's a fantastic opportunity to put some results together and climb the table. After that, who knows?

All I'm saying is that yesterday's result hurt, but I've seen a lot of Derby fans with itchy trigger fingers online. If we're still in a poor position come February, then maybe we worry, but I wouldn't panic just yet.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make or break really. This team has lacked effort and quality as of late really not a good mix when going into a relegation scrap. These teams will be desperate to stay in the division (apart from Stoke) and like Millwall will fight for it.

This all comes down to hope. Its was kills you as a fan. We need some of our player back fit like Huddlestone, Bielik, Marriott, Clarke and Shinnie.  I have no idea how far most of these players are away from playing but I really hope it is soon.

This team please on January 2nd....

Hamer

Bogle     Davies       Clarke       Lowe

Bielik

Shinnie               Sibley

Rooney     

Marriott        Martin                

4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

This team please on January 2nd....

Hamer

Bogle     Davies       Clarke       Lowe

Bielik

Shinnie               Sibley

Rooney     

Marriott        Martin                

What if we sign a GK and CB on January 1st?

Given your chosen formation (which I agree with), I suppose the two new wingers can start from the bench.

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

What if we sign a GK and CB on January 1st?

Given your chosen formation (which I agree with), I suppose the two new wingers can start from the bench.

I've just been told (8 hrs ago) we've already signed a goalkeeper. Think this is 100% 

Archived