Trialist & Martin

RoyMac5

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Trialist nowhere near ready imo. 

And someone like Dowell is? Hes finding the net regularly, stick him on the pitch! 

It’s not gonna achieve anything unless we have some bloody movement off the ball, some closing down and some fighting for second balls.

We could have flippin’ Wayne Rooney and we’d still look dreadful.

(I want the stability of Cocu staying long term and really want to give him time but I’d also really like to see a bit of ‘something’.... or just anything!)

Just now, The Orange Pimpernel said:

We won't improve with trialist at this stage. 

We just might score a goal which could turn losses into draws (not that i have faith in Cocu) but if hes throwing Dowell and Josefzoon on who are doing duck all, why ignore a youth player doing well? Thought he was bringing in youth? 

8 minutes ago, goldstar said:

We just might score a goal which could turn losses into draws (not that i have faith in Cocu) but if hes throwing Dowell and Josefzoon on who are doing duck all, why ignore a youth player doing well? Thought he was bringing in youth? 

Bringing in youth like knight and Whittaker? Seems like we going to have one of these threads every week, let’s just rotate all the U23s until we realise they aren’t ready for the step up yet.

Also wonder if he does continue to try youth, are we therefore going to give him games y TY on embed then are ignore the results and performances.... no didn’t think so.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Also wonder if he does continue to try youth, are we therefore going to give him games y TY on embed then are ignore the results and performances.... no didn’t think so.

What?

Have you seen Trialist play, why couldn't he do as well as Marriott?

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

... no didn’t think so.

Im sorry i cant even be bothered to reply with anything meaningful to someone that uses phrases like that. Its like talking to a wall

Just now, AdamRam said:

I have seen him play in the U23s, tell me do you think Knight and Whittaker were ready ?

Not Whittaker for sure - but Cocu does, what does that tell you?

Knight, maybe.

Trialist, who knows but he has something about him. 

What Cocu's youth picks tell me is he isn't a gambler.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Not Whittaker for sure - but Cocu does, what does that tell you?

Knight, maybe.

Trialist, who knows but he has something about him. 

What Cocu's youth picks tell me is he isn't a gambler.

I said he is, would be very easy to chuck them in and then say it’s a long term project and this is what you wanted if it doesn’t work.

Brining the youth through has got to be a long term project, it’s very easy to destroy a player, and imo that could happen brining players into this environment. We aren’t creating chances, we cannot defend, we have got no leaders on the pitch but mostly we have no confidence.

No I don’t think he would improve the team, not because he isn’t good enough, that has yet to be determined, it’s because I think like Whittaker he will be like a rabbit in the headlights in this team. Players with numerous seasons behind them are hiding at the moment, let them get us out of the poo they have got us in, get some confidence back, and then for me start embedding one or two young ones.

15 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

No I don’t think he would improve the team, not because he isn’t good enough, that has yet to be determined, it’s because I think like Whittaker he will be like a rabbit in the headlights in this team. Players with numerous seasons behind them are hiding at the moment, let them get us out of the poo they have got us in, get some confidence back, and then for me start embedding one or two young ones.

Players like Dowell are being given chance - why not Trialist? Or Archie Brown?

He plays Whittaker as his choice, why him then?!

1 hour ago, goldstar said:

And someone like Dowell is? Hes finding the net regularly, stick him on the pitch! 

That bit where Dowell stupidly tried to keep the ball in play only to kick it our instead of get the throw in was the icing on the cake of today... I'd rather play our own kids than other teams kids.

2 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

That bit where Dowell stupidly tried to keep the ball in play only to kick it our instead of get the throw in was the icing on the cake of today... I'd rather play our own kids than other teams kids.

Bingo. Thats it in one sentence. If hes wasting time keep trying the same approach, why not give a high flyer youth player a go?  Just makes him look clueless. Or that he has to play Dowell a certain amount of times due to loan conditions.. 

12 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Bingo. Thats it in one sentence. If hes wasting time keep trying the same approach, why not give a high flyer youth player a go?  Just makes him look clueless. Or that he has to play Dowell a certain amount of times due to loan conditions.. 

I understood it last season when the loan signings were quite obviously a grade above our own but not this season. Give trialist,Sibley or whoever a go. As much as he didn't do a great deal i was impressed with Knight simply because he seemed to care! One thing you can always guarantee from our own youth players is passion and effort... a lot more than we have at the minute even if the quality isn't there.

This fanbase is a mess at the minute. No idea what it wants.

You've got some fans criticising the manager and calling for him to bring in youth players constantly. The amount of crap I've seen on Twitter recently begging for Sibley to start. Reacting with crying emojis when he's not in the team. He's a kid ffs.

And then what happens when he does play three academy players in the starting XI? You boo them off. You boo them off at half-time. You boo them off for keeping the ball. You boo them off at the end.

Some of us need to have a look at ourselves. We are the problem, at times. 

Archived