Jack Clarke

Bubbles

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke looks a good young player, when he came on for Leeds against us you could just tell he had it.

However, he has played about 20 odd professional games and wasnt a regular for Leeds on loan there.

Surely this signing would be one of the ones Mel talks about avoiding, blocking the path of a youngster.

Would we prefer to give Clarke time and sending him back to Spurs a 30 million pound player, or blood JHI or JML etc.

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We desperately need defensive and keeper cover more than a winger at this point in time IMHO

I’d contest that

We don’t have a single winger.

lawrence wants to play/come inside inside at every opportunity and has quite frankly been shocking this year, and without being too harsh on the lad I can’t help think he’s a bit broken as an individual right now.

jflo, just ain’t good enough full stop 

Bennett .. injured / not ever going to be good enough and not really a winger 

it’s all very well having players like Rooney and huds who can ping glorious 40-50-60 yard passes but if no one giving us genuine width High up the pitch play gets congested and their abilities are stifled 

which was slightly evident second half against Barnsley 

we need good width as much as anything right now 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’d contest that

lawrence wants to play/come inside inside at every opportunity and has quite frankly been shocking this year, and without being too harsh on the lad I can’t help think he’s a bit broken as an individual right now.

it’s all very well having players like Rooney and huds who can ping glorious 40-50-60 yard passes but if no one giving us genuine width High up the pitch play gets congested and their abilities are stifled 

Thought Knight has covered Lawrence very well, which leaves Lawrence now as cover for Knight and with Beliek coming back pushing Rooney into a more attacking role the puts Waghorn out wide with potentially Bogle as cover there. Just a thought though may well be wide of the mark

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’d contest that

I agree with you we don’t have a (half decent or better) winger on the books.

My issue with bringing one in is that I don’t think we’d play them. I believe we may see the diamond more and more now with Rooney I’m behind and unless Cocu decides to start going defensive again, we’re going to play with tucked in attacking mids (Knight and Holmes) begins him.

So bringing in one winger you’d ask where would we play him? You end up changing the formation and getting something ugly like the Malone debacle.

Clarke won’t want to go and sit on the bench somewhere. I understand we need to have different plans if things are not working but I’d sooner strengthen current positions (I think we could improve on Waghorn, Davies and Hamer) before bringing in plan B players.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Clarke looks a good young player, when he came on for Leeds against us you could just tell he had it.

However, he has played about 20 odd professional games and wasnt a regular for Leeds on loan there.

Surely this signing would be one of the ones Mel talks about avoiding, blocking the path of a youngster.

Would we prefer to give Clarke time and sending him back to Spurs a 30 million pound player, or blood JHI or JML etc.

Play our own youngsters- they are proving to be worth it ! - yes why make Tottenham richer 

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

We haven’t had a winger since Russell left 

True enough but even he wasn’t one but always did a job for the team when asked 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I agree with you we don’t have a (half decent or better) winger on the books.

My issue with bringing one in is that I don’t think we’d play them. I believe we may see the diamond more and more now with Rooney I’m behind and unless Cocu decides to start going defensive again, we’re going to play with tucked in attacking mids (Knight and Holmes) begins him.

So bringing in one winger you’d ask where would we play him? You end up changing the formation and getting something ugly like the Malone debacle.

Clarke won’t want to go and sit on the bench somewhere. I understand we need to have different plans if things are not working but I’d sooner strengthen current positions (I think we could improve on Waghorn, Davies and Hamer) before bringing in plan B players.

Fair comment bud 

I’d like to see us play with some width but agree it’s either u get two in u don’t at all 

just think that by playing so narrow it will really stifle Rooney 

he’s class, but he still needs space to operate in 

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Thought Knight has covered Lawrence very well, which leaves Lawrence now as cover for Knight and with Beliek coming back pushing Rooney into a more attacking role the puts Waghorn out wide with potentially Bogle as cover there. Just a thought though may well be wide of the mark

In theory yes totally 

however as I said we don’t have proper wingers that give us genuine width and that naturally seek to stay out wide 

Both Lawrence and waghorns first and natural instinct is to come inside so in my head u lose natural width higher up the pitch 

Rooneys strength is finding and exploiting pockets of space, the finding them part gets a little harder as u get older as the brain still sees them but the legs don’t Always get u there ( speaking from experience lol) 

In my mind we need a winger ... perhaps two to give us the width and stretch sides to open up that space for Rooney to exploit 

I assume that was what flojo was brought in for by lampard but that just hasn’t really worked has it 

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’d contest that

with a decent run of games i think flo would be good enough , must be hard to get in form when you play a game and then left out , sadly i dont think we will see him in a Rams shirt again

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

with a decent run of games i think flo would be good enough , must be hard to get in form when you play a game and then left out , sadly i dont think we will see him in a Rams shirt again

I’m actually also a flojo sympathiser 

This is no barometer but he’s been no worse the Lawrence yet Lawrence gets chance after chance after chance 

tbh I’d say at times Lawrence’s hap hazard care of the ball has been more a hinderance 

I know I’m in a minority here and he has to do a lot more and a lot better but when he has had the chance flojo attracts 2-3 players to him Cos of his pace, he usually gets the ball out, which in turn creates space for others ... while he’s not beating a man, putting balls in, assisting etc etc which I realise is kinda fundamental he is creating that space 

part of the problem though is that in Lawrence, dowell or waghorn none of them have the ability to take advantage of that space 

Rooney on the other hand might

but as u say he’s propbably going to get moved on 

It was highlighted against Huddersfield away what he was in the side to do ... unfortunately for him and us that was too long ago 

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Utter rubbish. Flo Jo is tosh.

I never said he was brilliant, good or anything different if u actually read what I’m saying You’ll see that 

he’s not good enough full stop we know that 

in the same way Tom Lawrence isn’t good enough 

Im just trying to give a thought provoking view on what he does give us and why cocu still keeps pulling him out of his ass every now and again 

but no he’s not good enough 

36 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I never said he was brilliant, good or anything different if u actually read what I’m saying You’ll see that 

he’s not good enough full stop we know that 

in the same way Tom Lawrence isn’t good enough 

Im just trying to give a thought provoking view on what he does give us and why cocu still keeps pulling him out of his ass every now and again 

but no he’s not good enough 

Worth remembering we beat Leeds to him.

If Bielsa saw something in him, he surely had something once.

The Brentford fan who used to post rated him highly too, but for whatever reason he's rarely shown anything here.

Archived