Jack Clarke

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So play someone else’s then? 

Give ours real game time as it can actually benefit us 

Jack Clarke has played championship football and knows about the intensity. He’s actually decent. But yeah stick with Whittaker who’s clearly not ready yet ??

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really see any point in this. Yes, he is good player and should fit in well to the Cocu's system as a direct, fast and technical player. But we won't be able to buy him so what's the point? I'm afraid this season is lost already, why would we go for someone who is "only" a good player in January?

So no for me. Save the money to the summer dealings or get someone in who has similar ability but would be available for transfer.

5 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Jack Clarke has played championship football and knows about the intensity. He’s actually decent. But yeah stick with Whittaker who’s clearly not ready yet ??

I never mentioned Whittaker but yes play our own as it can only develop them not someone for Tottenham’s benefit 

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I don't really see any point in this. Yes, he is good player and should fit in well to the Cocu's system as a direct, fast and technical player. But we won't be able to buy him so what's the point? I'm afraid this season is lost already, why would we go for someone who is "only" a good player in January?

So no for me. Save the money to the summer dealings or get someone in who has similar ability but would be available for transfer.

Because we could do with getting some results to calm down the hysterical brigade & give Cocu some breathing space to mould the squad/introduce the kids at the right time. If things were calmer, I'd agree with you.

Clarke as a player is quality at this level. I was in corporate at Elland Road when he tore Lowe apart last season. He was interviewed in front of the whole room afterwards as MOM & struck me as a very humble, driven young chap. He's going to be a top player, just needs some more first team football to gain experience a la Mason Mount & Harry Wilson last year

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

Because we could do with getting some results to calm down the hysterical brigade & give Cocu some breathing space to mould the squad/introduce the kids at the right time. If things were calmer, I'd agree with you.

Clarke as a player is quality at this level. I was in corporate at Elland Road when he tore Lowe apart last season. He was interviewed in front of the whole room afterwards as MOM & struck me as a very humble, driven young chap. He's going to be a top player, just needs some more first team football to gain experience a la Mason Mount & Harry Wilson last year

Could be. I'd be sad if unrealistic fan brigade would affect so much our management's decision making, but unfortunately you could be right. Maybe we will play better after Clarke, Huddz and Shinnie are back + Rooney joining as well so such calming measures wouldn't be needed.

I agree with with your views of him. Given chance, I'm fully expecting him to shine at this level.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I never mentioned Whittaker but yes play our own as it can only develop them not someone for Tottenham’s benefit 

But you weren’t complaining when we had mount, Wilson or tomori last season? Who cares if it’s hella spurs or not, as long as they have a positive impact on us

10 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

But you weren’t complaining when we had mount, Wilson or tomori last season? Who cares if it’s hella spurs or not, as long as they have a positive impact on us

They were high quality players but that was at the start of a season not in January when we not likely to affect the promotion scenario 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They were high quality players but that was at the start of a season not in January when we not likely to affect the promotion scenario 

Really !  It is a good job Fulham did not think that when they signed Mitrovic in their promotion season.They were sitting in about the same position has us at this stage and their forum pretty much mirrored this one back then too.

Jack Clarke & Cameron Carter-Vickers: Tottenham Hotspur recall duo from Championship loans

2 hours ago

Tottenham have recalled winger Jack Clarke from a loan spell at Leeds, as well as bringing defender Cameron Carter-Vickers back from Stoke City.

Clarke, 19, has only played three games for Leeds this season, who he rejoined on loan after moving to Spurs in May for an initial fee of around £10m.

He has made just one Championship appearance, and was not in the squad for the past two games.

Carter-Vickers, 22 on New Year's Eve, played 15 games for the Potters.

Forward Kazaiah Sterling will also return early from Doncaster Rovers after he too was recalled.

The trio will return to Spurs on 2 January

Archived