Rob Dickie - signed for QPR

Fraser_23

3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Isn't it obvious?

By playing a left footer on the left side, and a right footer on the right, you open up more natural passing angles out of defense?

You can spread the play wide to both flanks and up the middle without adjusting your body position, therefore making the pass easier and quicker.

Playing the opposite side makes a third of available passes much harder, seeing as you'd have to open your body shape out so telegraphing the pass.

We don’t make many quick passes do we ?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

What's your a thoughts on Van Dijk/Tomori/Kompany/Stones/Maguire? All considered Ball playing CBs on the left side. 

Stones isn’t - the others yes.

1) Much much better players.

2) They have top quality players around them.

3) The teams they play against tend not to press them that high up the pitch.

Redo your list but with ball playing centre half’s who are right footed, playing on the left of the centre backs in the championship.

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

Huge difference for me. Look how we play with short goal kicks. A right footer will instantly take their first touch back towards goal, a left footer doesn’t etc.

For me it’s very essential we see a left footer there.

It makes a big difference especially when playing out from the back

This conversation shows the lack of commitment from some footballers imo. You should be absolutely able to play out with both feet regardless of level if you’re professional. Obviously you’re more comfortable with your stronger foot but if the manager asks you to open up your body to the angles on the left then any decent ball playing cb should be able to train themselves to do it. 

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Redo your list but with ball playing centre half’s who are right footed, playing on the left of the centre backs in the championship.

... who have a mullet and nana's name is Ethel and have a parrot called Sue and favourite ice cream is mint choc chip...

Yeh? Can't find one? Yeh? 

EXACTLY...

16 hours ago, rammieib said:

Stones isn’t - the others yes.

1) Much much better players.

2) They have top quality players around them.

3) The teams they play against tend not to press them that high up the pitch.

You’re not getting out of it that easy. They are all top players who play football from the back on that side, ultimately we won’t know of the best players as that do that in this league or other as we’re not scouts, but the point is it doesn’t matter what foot they are as long as they can do it. Tomori is a great example of that in the championship. 

4 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

You’re not getting out of it that easy. They are all top players who play football from the back on that side, ultimately we won’t know of the best players as that do that in this league or other as we’re not scouts, but the point is it doesn’t matter what foot they are as long as they can do it. Tomori is a great example of that in the championship. 

Your reference is a defender playing for Chelsea probably with a £15 million price tag on his head.

A left footer is essential in a ball playing side. We’re not Rowett or Warnock where I would agree it doesn’t matter.

Jake Buxton developed into a decent passer of the ball but it helped he was left footed. It allowed his diagonal pass to be hit earlier as the ball is always naturally on the left side.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Your reference is a defender playing for Chelsea probably with a £15 million price tag on his head.

A left footer is essential in a ball playing side. We’re not Rowett or Warnock where I would agree it doesn’t matter.

Jake Buxton developed into a decent passer of the ball but it helped he was left footed. It allowed his diagonal pass to be hit earlier as the ball is always naturally on the left side.

Buxton was right footed

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Oh to have a professional footballer that can pass with either foot. 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Buxton was right footed. To me it doesn’t really matter, if they can play with the ball under pressure that’s great it doesn’t  matter which foot they are as we saw with Tomori last year. We brought in Shackell as a left footed centre back to replace bucko and look how that ended. Thanks 

9 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Buxton was right footed. To me it doesn’t really matter, if they can play with the ball under pressure that’s great it doesn’t  matter which foot they are as we saw with Tomori last year. We brought in Shackell as a left footed centre back to replace bucko and look how that ended. Thanks 

It matters to Cocu, that's the only one who counts. He's said multiple times about left-sided centre backs.

9 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Agree with this, good players can play under pressure. The year we had Keogh and Buxton it was a very good blend with Keogh bringing the ball out of defence, while Buxton had the range to play longer diagonal balls to our wingers. I've laboured this point before but Leeds, West Brom and Brentford all very good at the more direct passing to get up the pitch quicker. Something we need to get better at. 

Archived