Gruaniad anti-sports personality award for the Rams

Gringo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How are they pinning Spygate on us? We didn't do anything wrong for that...

That's a properly bizarre little paragraph of writing. I've read it a few times and I don't fully understand it.

Surely the "award" should go to Tom Lawrence/Mason Bennett/ Richard Keogh? Seems like they've used Spygate as a reason to give it to the club in general but their whole section of writing on Spygate is attacking Leeds ?

Why take any notice of these smart arse sports journos who have probably never seen Derby play live , only ever supported

a top premiership team and who usually give scant attention to anything outside that league. Derby have never been popular and 

likely never will be with these metropolitan scumbags.Don't give it the attention it doesn't deserve. Tell em to F O ,

Fair call to me. They showed themselves in an awful light in that team bonding dinner. Spy gate wasn’t our fault, but the events at the joiners more than justifies it. The disgraceful lack of effort last night doesn’t help their case either. If I was Cocu I’d probably show them that article, and ask them if that’s the way they want to be seen? If not, then they need to start working harder to get people to like them again - like I said last night, I can’t Remember a more dislikeable Derby side.

12 hours ago, DRBee said:

Why take any notice of these smart arse sports journos who have probably never seen Derby play live , only ever supported

a top premiership team and who usually give scant attention to anything outside that league. Derby have never been popular and 

likely never will be with these metropolitan scumbags.Don't give it the attention it doesn't deserve. Tell em to F O ,

Why do they need to see us play live when our team are giving them more than enough ammo off the pitch to allow them to write their smart arse sports journalism as you put it.

Hate the players who decided to get trashed and drink drive after a team bonding meal but not the people reporting on it.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why do they need to see us play live when our team are giving them more than enough ammo off the pitch to allow them to write their smart arse sports journalism as you put it.

Hate the players who decided to get trashed and drink drive after a team bonding meal but not the people reporting on it.

No tar. 

Would rather support and back the players who wear the ram on their shirt.

Just now, Squid said:

No tar. 

Would rather support and back the players who wear the ram on their shirt.

You missed my point. Focus on the reason why the journalist was allowed to report on this rather than the journalist themself.

In terms of redemption and inclusion of said Derby players involved then that's already been discussed ad nauseam before and wasn't my intent to open that debate again. 

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair call to me. They showed themselves in an awful light in that team bonding dinner. Spy gate wasn’t our fault, but the events at the joiners more than justifies it. The disgraceful lack of effort last night doesn’t help their case either. If I was Cocu I’d probably show them that article, and ask them if that’s the way they want to be seen? If not, then they need to start working harder to get people to like them again - like I said last night, I can’t Remember a more dislikeable Derby side.

Yes this is the sort of thing we need to use as a positive.

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The team bonding thing is bang on. Entitled footballers behaving disgracefully never comes across well and our players showed themselves and the club up. 
I personally don’t care if people don’t like us but I’d like it to be for the right reason. 

It isn’t entitled footballers though. It’s a reflection on that age bracket. 

Archived