Tom Huddlestone

JoeDerby

How much are we missing him at the minute????

I've always been a massive fan and I know a few of our fans aren't but I see a massive difference in our team when he's playing.

He's our anchor, passer, controller, he makes the whole team play better, every player seems to have better positioning, isit only me that thinks this??

I know he's not very mobile but he makes the game look easy and I believe he's the main reason the whole team looks so out of position. He organisers the team when he's on the field.

Put Bielik around him and with Rooney to come in, I think we will have a much better shape to us, which has been our biggest downfall recently. We have no shape and no identity. Roll on January.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s vital away from home. We haven’t scored a goal since he got injured scoring that penalty away from pride park. That was nigh on two months ago. 

He's vital at home too. If we wan't to control a game WITH THE BALL. He's vital.

We don't have any other midfielder that is capable of controlling the game.

18 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

He's vital at home too. If we wan't to control a game WITH THE BALL. He's vital.

We don't have any other midfielder that is capable of controlling the game.

Yeah, he’s certainly a lot better than Evans that’s for sure! People underappreciate Huddlestone because he’s slow, but his passing is just so much better than the poo we’ve been seeing without him. When you need someone to just control the game, he’s your man. Sadly I don’t think he’s quite the world beater he once was, but he’s still a good player and better than our current midfield, which frankly looks out it’s depth in this division. Worrying though if we’re too reliant on him.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah, he’s certainly a lot better than Evans that’s for sure! People underappreciate Huddlestone because he’s slow, but his passing is just so much better than the poo we’ve been seeing without him. When you need someone to just control the game, he’s your man. Sadly I don’t think he’s quite the world beater he once was, but he’s still a good player and better than our current midfield, which frankly looks out it’s depth in this division. Worrying though if we’re too reliant on him.

I agree, he certainly isn't the player he was but I genuinely believe he's more important to this team than any other. Evans and zero control of the game last night, Bielik can do it to a certain degree but Huddlestone is much more comfortable on the ball. Huddlestone is the one who's always willing to take the ball in awkward positions when we are playing out from the back, he can dictate the game , he's always an option, this is a knack that can't be taught, his positional sense is top notch.

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I had completely forgotten about him, but you could be bang on here! Does anyone know how long he's out for? 

I believe he's back in January. We could be like a new team in January, fingers crossed (and toes) 

2 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I had completely forgotten about him, but you could be bang on here! Does anyone know how long he's out for? 

Clarke - Injured knee vs Forest  09/11/19. Out for "several weeks" (21/11/19) so a return in mid/late Jan.
Huddlestone - Injured hamstring vs Barnsley 02/10/19. Out for "2 months" (17/10/19) so should be back around Christmas.
Bielik - Hip problem during warm-up vs QPR 30/11/19. Very short term injury. Returned vs Blackburn but missed Weds. Likely return vs Reading
Shinnie - Injured hamstring vs Preston 23/11/19. Out for "a few months" (28/11/19) so expect a Jan return.
Bennett - Injured ankle vs Preston 23/11/19. Out for "a few months"(28/11/19) so expect Feb.
Anya - Injured vs Rangers 28/07/19. No return date.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I like Hudds, but playing him as part of 2 holding midfielders doesnt work, played as 1 holding midfielder with 2 other attacking midfielders would work wonders.

I would love to have seen Huddlestone in the same midfield as Hughes and Hendrick.

I agree. could we possibly push Bielik a little more forward?

8 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Can you give reasons why?

Our team is painfully slow, pedestrian and has no aggression. Huddlestone multiplies this to the Nth degree, and very much epitomises what is wrong with the team. We finally got going last night because we decided to play with more energy and press, something Huddlestone can't do. Add to that his age and what I'd guess his wages look like and I'd rather get rid.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Our team is painfully slow, pedestrian and has no aggression. Huddlestone multiplies this to the Nth degree, and very much epitomises what is wrong with the team. We finally got going last night because we decided to play with more energy and press, something Huddlestone can't do. Add to that his age and what I'd guess his wages look like and I'd rather get rid.

you can't have a team full of headless chickens!!! his job is to screen the back 4 and to control the game. Every team needs a calm head who has bags of experience. you put the pressers, ratters, legs around him.

10 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

you can't have a team full of headless chickens!!! his job is to screen the back 4 and to control the game. Every team needs a calm head who has bags of experience. you put the pressers, ratters, legs around him.

He can't screen anything when he can't move. 

I get it, you love him, I don't. Is what it is. Fortunately for you, he has naked pictures of Cocu so i'm sure you'll see him again.

34 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Can you give reasons why?

To deep .too slow ,too old having said that a major up lift from what we have available now .This only goes to show the utter lack of quality we have in midfield [CB excepted].

And too weak for a big un my 7 year old grandson could knock him off a ball.

I’ve been saying for ages that Huddlestone is a Rolls Royce of a player, who doesn’t need ‘pace’ ..

Like Chris Martin, he’s so far ahead of everyone else in his reading of the game and his ‘skill set’ that his value to the team is incalculable ..

The idiots who can’t see this glaringly obvious fact need to look more closely at what he does in tight situations, receives the ball with opposition players breathing down his neck and 99% of the time lays it off to a colleague or threads a through ball to a forward player. With him in the team we don’t need Cocu’s ultra cautious tactic of playing TWO defensive mids ! 

Archived