V Millwall matchday thread

Yet another abysmal performance lets not gloss over this any more we are heading one way that is in to a relegation battle,we are clueless including the manager ,even  Barnsley scored 5 today.These are very worrying times and can we really afford to sack Cocu with his 4 year contract but im afraid if we dont we will be playing the likes of Burton Albion come 2020/2021 season 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GK - distribution too slow, and always too direct.  
CBs - too sloppy in possession, too slow at getting it forward/wide. 
CMs - not giving the defensive players options to pass to. 
R/LW - lack of desire to take their man on, lacking consistency of end product.

It’ll take any manager time to fix these issues. 

Just now, ramboy63 said:

Yet another abysmal performance lets not gloss over this any more we are heading one way that is in to a relegation battle,we are clueless including the manager ,even  Barnsley scored 5 today.These are very worrying times and can we really afford to sack Cocu with his 4 year contract but im afraid if we dont we will be playing the likes of Burton Albion come 2020/2021 season 

Well said, people are trying to delude themselves that we will improve but I really can't see it  more likely than not things will get better before they improve. I think we desperately need atleast 2 quality players in January to go along with Rooney or else this will be the worst season since we finished 18th under clough. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Tbf I thought Lowe was decent going forward today.

Agree with the rest though.

2 minutes ago, Rammy Van Der Ram said:

Don’t know about anyone else but the atmosphere in the east stand is terrible, it’s starting to ruin my experience, we and my Dad had to leave early because of toxic the whole game felt, we got into arguments with some of the so called ‘fans’ that didn’t want to sing for Jim Smith but want to boo for us passing the ball around, I know we aren’t playing good football but just support your team, if we didn’t leave early it would of been a ban for one of us

You are the second person to post about the atmosphere in the East Stand today, @reverendo de duivel posted he left early as he feared he would end up enlightening some big gob, it’s a shame people feel they have to remove themselves from toxic situations at their home ground. 

Horrifc yet again and that post match interview with Cocu is nothing short of a disgrace. Couldn’t disagree more. If he thinks the problem first half was that we were too direct then I don’t want him anywhere near the club. Slow, passive, negative and completely boring to watch. While he has been unlucky with injuries, the style of play is dreadful and selection of players very worrying. Clearly fallen out again with Marriott too.

You have to question if Cocu is the right man regardless of the lack of time after the performances and selection recently. Fills me with no excitement and clearly struggling to adjust to championship football. Said in the summer I wanted Bowyer and stand by it.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In my view the manager is responsible for all these issues

Just got back and not read any posts as I can kind of imagine them.

Thought Wednesday was poor, this on par but Wednesday a better team.

Low points of the night for me was the booing! People booing 19 yr old Bogle who already looked lacking in confidence going forward. While the booing was on the bloke behind me was screaming RUBBISH Derby, when I challenged that booing won’t help, he told me he wasn’t booing??!!?!?

Lowest point was Being behind about 30-40 millwall fans when about 3 or 4 of them assaulted what looked like a 13-14 yr old with his mother walking the other way.  1 Policman was there, didn’t do squat. Proud of their reputation aren’t they singing it after the assault. 

The players just aren’t good enough. We saw this last season with injuries- without Wilson and Mount we were devoid of ideas. The attack today was anonymous. Millwall were excellent at the back. Their big players just cleared everything but we didn’t win enough second balls in dangerous positions. In the first half no players were showing for the ball when we were deep aside from maybe Evans. Lawrence needed to drop deeper and get involved. Their defenders just dominated their penalty area, we had no space. Martin battled hard but did not get any service. We lack quality everywhere. Holmes looked bright, Bogle too. Millwall defended well but we lack massive creativity. 
Small bright note - our corners are better and we don’t look as vulnerable from them too. 

14 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You are the second person to post about the atmosphere in the East Stand today, @reverendo de duivel posted he left early as he feared he would end up enlightening some big gob, it’s a shame people feel they have to remove themselves from toxic situations at their home ground. 

Yeah,I’m in the east stand and when I’ve read in the past about booing I’ve never heard it, but today it seemed to resonate around the whole ground and I was close myself to enlighten some big gob!! 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m my opinion, it’s clearly the players who are unable to do as instructed or they choose not to. Either way, they need to be replaced. 

But they are doing as instructed - that's exactly the problem !

46 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

This team is awful and going nowhere.

The recruitment in the summer was terrible virtually non existent leaving the manager with little to work with. Hopefully we find some new players in Jan.

If we drop into the relegation zone Cocu has to go for me.

Why wait ?

on current form, despite and ability being shown on the pitch on the leadership it’s only a matter of time so why drag it out any longer 

Iv been trying to be as balanced and patient as possible but how anyone can try and tell me that’s a side that is playing for their manager god only knows 

Today was terrible... absolutely terrible ... yet somehow it was better than Blackburn away 

But if I wake up in the morning and he’s been sacked I wouldn’t be disappointed... and this is from a guy that’s craving stability at this club 

26 minutes ago, Emson said:

In my view the manager is responsible for all these issues

GK.. well he could play Roos (who everyone hates and slags off every time he plays) or Carson (who everyone thinks is poo at distribution) or Hamer (who's poo at shot stopping and distribution but can punch better than the other two). He has no choice.

CBs.. he could play Ke...oh, he could play Clarke (who people have also slagged off for his passing). Nope no choice.

CM.. Bielik? Yes! When not injured. Evans? poo. Huddlesto.... Shinn....ducking hell. Holmes who was an inferior stand-in for Mount now and then? Dowell?

R/LW.. um, Lawrence, Josefzoon, Waghorn? Holmes? (Oh, no, he's needed in the middle).

But no, those issues are definitely Cocu's fault.

Archived