Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am no longer fussed whether Cocu stays or goes, This season has been a disaster from the moment Chelsea and Lampard dragged our club through the mangle, Lampard thought it better to go away for a couple of weeks while all at Derby waited and waited for what we all new was going to happen, Cocu was left to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, A scramble to get players in, Paterson never fitted in, Shinnie when he did finally get picked looked the part, Bielik cost cica 8-10 million £s, A lot to pay for for a division 1 player, Dowell pah!.

Our back line misses Keogh, I don't, No other reason than he let every one down at DCFC, Lawrence see Dowell.

My enthusiasm is now starting to wane, I have fans to the left of me, Fans to the right of me, Fans in the front of me all have an opinion, But arguing with each other only drags others into their battles...and this is the North Stand lol

Whatever the problem is, Players know longer interested, Coaches failing to get their message over, A Manager who looks to be struggling with the Championship, Please some one who or where ever you are sort this shambles out, Rooney on his own will be like a tick on the back of an Elephant...insignificant, 4 maybe 5 fresh and hungry faces are needed who have the where with all to improve this shambles of a team.

I hear knives sharpening, And fans are desperate for a target.

Barnsley scored 5 today, It took us the last 8 games to get 5, I fear the worst.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, any manager we appointed could say that. What have you seen so far to say, yes Cocu?!

Yes exactly, I would apply my reasoning to any manager we appointed in the summer who was dealt the cards that Cocu was dealt. I’m not defending him as an individual but instead the situation which he has experienced since the summer & thus currently finds himself in. As a result any manager (not just Cocu) would still have my support as (in my opinion) it’s way to early to judge. He needs time.

47 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've watched two of his games as PSV manager over the last couple of days. One against Heerenveen, the other against Ajax.

Watching these games, the way PSV dominate possession, hit with venom on the counter, win the ball back at speed, makes me yearn for the type of football he could and might create here, given time. 

It is for this reason mostly that I am Cocu IN and will continue to be so.

However, I'm not stupid (I hope), nor am i naive. I know that he does not have the sort of quality here that he did at PSV (he oversaw players such as Wijnaldum, Depay, De Jong, Hendrix, Willems, Bruma, Van Ginkel, Lozano, Locadia...Jozefzoon).

I also know that the Championship is a very different beast to the Dutch league. Maybe the Dutch vision he has, and that I have longed to see implemented at the club I support, just won't work here. Who knows.

I hope it will, Phil. 

You need to disregard all that baalocks and post something disrespectful and mildly racist, or at best xenophobic, about how the difficulty in articulating minor details on complex issue, using a second language, puts you to sleep.

Zero respect for anyone who's used that against him. Utter Bamfords.

Personally I don't see cocus tenure lasting much longer......despite his 4 year contract,willy old Mel will,no doubt,have a performance clause built into it where phillipe is quickly moved on and ends up owing Mel £5 million rather than the other way around.

The return of the wassell and a rapid return to the top six and the play offs is nigh! (You heard it here first?)

31 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Yes exactly, I would apply my reasoning to any manager we appointed in the summer who was dealt the cards that Cocu was dealt. I’m not defending him as an individual but instead the situation which he has experienced since the summer & thus currently finds himself in. As a result any manager (not just Cocu) would still have my support as (in my opinion) it’s way to early to judge. He needs time.

fantastic points mate and I 100% agree with you.

I’m Cocu in and I will be for the rest of this season/start of season.

However the issue is time.

Now I know that most of us who have a brain will be willing to give him time.

But lets be real here, our fans at home are hostile as owt, they have the right to be, but they are hostile.

As form declines so does attendance, and furthermore, revenue.

I am sure Mel knows that it’s more the players than the manager that needs changing however with all these folk wanting Cocu out the door, will he be able to wait for the opportunity to sign new players?

Theres 3 possible outcomes of this to me.

First: Keep Cocu on for the remainder of the season, then give him a fat load of cash to spend in the summer, and give him the opportunity to bring in 2/3 loans/signings (this is most likely)

Second: Give Cocu more money in Jan to bring in 4-5 players, with the issue of players prices being inflated.

Third: Sack Cocu and bring in someone else just to prevent attendances dropping even more. (I hope this is the least likely).

Rome wasn’t built in a day and our team won’t be built in a window.

I completely disagree with the people shouting Cocu out as half of the players we have are not fit to wear the shirt.

People say to bring in plenty of youth at once, but the step up is massive.

It’s like going from National league North to the championship.

I just want january to come sooner, duck christmas, i’m more excited for january.

Cocu appears to be clueless. Listening to his post match interviews doesn't inspire confidence. 

We seem to be getting worse instead of better and most of the players seem to lack any confidence in their own abilities. 

Relegation is a real possibility however a 4 year deal would be expensive to terminate.

Mel will have a decision to make if we get nothing out of the next two away games. 

28 minutes ago, Squid said:

As form declines so does attendance, and furthermore, revenue.

Sacking Cocu and his team, 5 months into a 4 year contract would cost a hell of a lot more than any decline in attendance from the fair weather brigade.

The length of the contract indicates that Mel understood from the beginning that the team needs a complete rebuild and that that's a long term project.

It's a real pity that so many of our fans cannot see it ?

It's pretty obvious. Also, with the loanees leaving and the long term injuries, we're clearly playing with too many fringe players - from a poor squad anyway - in the team.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Personally I don't see cocus tenure lasting much longer......despite his 4 year contract,willy old Mel will,no doubt,have a performance clause built into it where phillipe is quickly moved on and ends up owing Mel £5 million rather than the other way around.

The return of the wassell and a rapid return to the top six and the play offs is nigh! (You heard it here first?)

Yep. From me. At least a week ago now. ?

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The length of the contract indicates that Mel understood from the beginning that the team needs a complete rebuild and that that's a long term project.

It's a real pity that so many of our fans cannot see it ?

I can see the thought behind it,  but that doesnt make us 'Cocu outs' any less fans than the 'ins'.

Asking fans to cough up approx £500 a year while he produces this atrocious football and fails to get the best out of the players is an insult. Basically saying cough up peasants while us millionaires will serve up an eye sore usually called a football match all under the guise of a 'transition' season or two for the club. 

13 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I can see the thought behind it,  but that doesnt make us 'Cocu outs' any less fans than the 'ins'.

I didn't say that you were lesser fans - just that you need to appreciate it will take time for Cocu - or anyone else - to turn this around.

Equally though, it doesn't mean that we 'Cocu ins' are not just as frustrated with the tosh on display at the moment.

I just think that it's almost inevitable given the circumstances and squad of players available. But it's not easy for any of us to get through - we're as one on that.

I'm not quite sure what he is trying to do but you've got to give him time. Squad has needed some overhaul for a couple of years and we might aswell have written off the season after booze-gate...

Consolidate to mid-table, relish some cameos from a fat Wayne Rooney and dust off the Speedos ready for a trip to Magaluf to see what happens over the summer

Archived