Asmir Begovic - joined AC Milan

JfR

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we  please keep to a strategy of getting wages to be lower than our income and signing players who will increase in value.

thank you.

next!

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We got well and truly mugged off.

That was our recruitment team in an absolute nutshell, I bet they said, he plays for Brentford so he must be good.

Hogan, Watkins, Benrahama, Sawyers etc etc and we sign Jozefzoon.

Will take a look back at the Josefzoon signing thread when I get chance and see how many were saying that when we signed him.

Hogan went for £12m didnt he and has done the sum total of sweet FA since.

Arent the other 2 still at Brentford so not sure they are for sale.

50 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If we really are pursuing these sorts of enquiries (big if) then it seems to be a complete waste of time. 

We're not going to be close to these sorts of deals. 

That attitude wouldn't have seen us land Rooney though? 

I fully get what you mean, that by spending time on overly-ambitious targets that are often unobtainable, we have to settle for second best panic buys afterwards. Begovic is a step above the quality of any other keeper we've been linked with though, without Heaton getting injured, we might have been able to get him (if that AC Milan link is credible)

I don't see the point in curbing ambition for the sake of getting transfers done early

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Will take a look back at the Josefzoon signing thread when I get chance and see how many were saying that when we signed him.

Hogan got promoted on loan at Sheff United last season, although he has  been suffering his fair few injuries.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Btenfrod have announced that no one is for sale without silly, silly money. Aim is to push for the promotion with what they have now.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We got well and truly mugged off.

That was our recruitment team in an absolute nutshell, I bet they said, he plays for Brentford so he must be good.

Hogan, Watkins, Benrahama, Sawyers etc etc and we sign Jozefzoon.

Nobody criticises our recruitment system more than me but It was actually all down to Lampard that we signed Jozefzoon as he said he’d watched him play and was suitably impressed. The same Lampard that got us Evans and Malone!?

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I get mardy at people using Watkins as a stick to beat us with.

We went in for him, were quoted £4m so walked away.

2 weeks later he signs for Brentford for £1.8m, yet the same people complain we were mugged off when signing Butterfield and Johnson.

25 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I get mardy at people using Watkins as a stick to beat us with.

We went in for him, were quoted £4m so walked away.

2 weeks later he signs for Brentford for £1.8m, yet the same people complain we were mugged off when signing Butterfield and Johnson.

Spot on.

Archived